9 months ago
Entry Level Clean Room Operator - 3rd shift
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56930BR Date posted 11/16/City York
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today's more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft - our systems make modern flight possible. And by "make it possible," we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
UTAS York is looking for a motivated and energetic person to join our 3-shift shift operation. All work is done in a clean, climate controlled facility where we put safety and quality first in everything we do. Impressive benefits package – including up to 3 - weeks' vacation and 100% company-paid college tuition and books. $1.25 per hour Shift Premium for 2nd or 3rd shift.
Entry level position which performs the cleaning of machined parts for subsequent machining operations or final clean operations.
· Prepare parts for required cleaning operations
· Place parts in appropriate baskets for required cleaning process
· Follow cleaning process per appropriate specifications
· Read and interpret process prints, engineering and quality standards, and other informational drawings and work instructions
· Visually inspect parts to print specification and other requirements. Report non-conforming material via established process.
· Maintain accurate documentation and system inputs (shop traveler, labor charging, production tracking software, inspection results, etc.)
· Follow proper material handling and packaging techniques to avoid damage
· Follow work priorities to accomplish production goals
No experience required
Computer skills and ability to learn and use multiple computer applications (including email, internet, and other job-specific applications)
Ability to perform mathematical calculations (add and subtract decimals)
Ability to read, interpret and follow blueprints Comply with all company policies and procedures
Read and write English at a level sufficient to perform job functions
Communicate and interact with others in a professional, polite, and cooperative manner.
Education: Must have high school diploma or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.