8 months ago
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada is seeking an experienced and dynamic Enterprise Architecture Manager. This position is part of the Enterprise Architecture team. This individual will work with the business and IT teams to develop, evolve and implement Enterprise Architecture strategies and solutions. Air Canada operates in a highly outsourced IT model, therefore this individual requires collaboration with a broad range of groups, both within the company and with many external IT and business partners. The individual will contribute to the execution of a clear strategy, target infrastructure and plan to move it forward. The principal domains for Enterprise Architecture are digitalization, integration, major system migration, IT process evolution, cloudification and support for business strategy.
This position reports to the Chief Architect, Enterprise Architecture.
* This is a key position within the Enterprise Architecture team, interacting with business IT teams, primary vendors and service providers. The mandate is the development of Enterprise Architecture strategies and implementation roadmaps to meet the business requirements in an effective and optimal manner. The various business units are closely linked with dependent operational activities driving the importance for real-time integration and digitalization of all our services.
* Air Canada is a customer centric organization. This key component of our business direction requires architecture strategies that support real-time information exchanges across systems and channels. This requirement must be part of all architecture deliverables.
The Manager, Enterprise Architecture will:
* Work with the Innovation team, operations team and vendors to ensure the integration of the non-functional requirements in the architecture directions and roadmap.
* Be responsible for aligning with key business requirements, emerging technologies and the ongoing requirements for security, contribute to the annual production of the AC 3-5 year Architecture and Technology Plan.
* Define the EA design of redundant, highly available and secure environments,
* The cloudification of IT solutions is an important component of IT service optimization and delivery agility. Knowledge of Cloud service strategies to minimize risks and maximize benefits is essential.
* Major system migration is an Air Canada reality. Experience in Architecting solutions that consider the migration of a major system is an important qualification.
* A relevant University degree/technical certifications (and/or relevant experience)
* A self starter
* Strong leadership with ability to work with management at all levels of business, AC IT and outsourcing organizations.
* Bring a sense of urgency, drive for results with analytical skills
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
* Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of cloud service strategies.
* Familiarity with the OpenGroup TOGAF process and the Archimate documentation standards.
* Familiarity with the airline industry.
* Experience as an Architect for a major enterprise system migration.
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.