4 months ago
Support the deployment of new configuration management software at an advanced aerospace composites manufacturing site. This software manages engineering drawings, work instructions, routing instructions, tooling, machining programs, etc. Requires an understanding of engineering configuration control and traceability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* • Aid in the scoping, planning, and deployment of an engineering configuration management solution
* • Conduct gap-analysis and create roadmaps for adapting existing engineering processes to new software
* • Act as a liaison between engineering and IT teams in the US, France, and Mexico
* • Translate instructions and support documents from French to English
* • Give presentations to management on project status
* • Assist in migrating configurations from legacy software
* • Provide engineering recommendations for process improvements. Analyze and implement those shown to yield positive results.
* • Adhere to project schedule; communicating to Engineering any risks to project execution and recommendations
SCOPE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* • Complies with all established policies and procedures
* • Required to comply with all OSHA and EPA regulations related to these operations
* • A degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, IT, or other related technical discipline.
* • Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and Visio desirable
* • Experience with configuration management software (particularly SmarTeam or Plateau Industriel) is a plus
* • Understanding of engineering drawings, manufacturing processes, and CAD software preferred
* • Requires a strict attention to detail and excellent communication skills
* • Understanding LEAN manufacturing concepts and/or 6 Sigma techniques preferred
* • Ability to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization required
Safran Aircraft Engines is a world-class engine manufacturer specializing in aeronautical and space propulsion. Within CFM International, Safran Aircraft Engines develops and produces the CFM56, both the best-selling engine of all times and the most reliable engine of its generation in the category of single-aisle aircraft. Its successor, the LEAP, was designed to equip the new-generation of single-aisle aircraft. Thanks to its cutting-edge technologies, the LEAP engine offers a significant reduction in fuel consumption and CO2 emissions in comparison with the CFM56 engines which are currently operating. The entry into service of the LEAP is scheduled for 2016 with the Airbus A320neo.
Safran Aicraft Engines also plays a key role in military propulsion. The company develops and produces the M53 and the M88 engines for the Mirage 2000 and the Rafale fighters. Safran Aircraft Engines offers its civilian and military customers a wide range of services as well as support to optimize aircraft operational availability.