4 months ago
This position will serve as Radio Frequency (RF) Technician for the Advanced Dynamic Measurement System (ADAMS) and Electronic Warfare (EW) Teams at the Atlantic Test Range (ATR), Patuxent River, MD. As part of a larger test team, the RF Technician will be exposed to a rewarding technical environment working in EW and aircraft signature measurements.
• Perform operations, maintenance, and repair of radar systems to include transmitter (solid state and TWT), exciter and receiver.
• Assist in design, development, modification, and testing of RF systems and associated instrumentation.
• Follow site security, communications, and coordination processes and procedures as required.
• Attend Mission Planning Meetings as needed to explain radar capabilities to project/program personnel.
• Perform corrective actions and preventive maintenance actions on RF equipment.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Successful completion of advanced armed services technical school curriculum; or completion of at least 30 semester hours (45 quarter hours) of courses at an accredited college, university, or technical school in an engineering, scientific, or technical curriculum is required.
Experience: This position requires a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in performing the stated or similar job functions. Special consideration will be given to candidates with a background in EW systems, RF transmitters, an FCC radiotelephone operator’s license, or component level repair of radar or communication systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Candidate must be familiar with and demonstrate a basic knowledge of general purpose and RF laboratory test equipment, including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Volt/Ohm meters, power supplies and signal generators. General knowledge of Radar/RF communications theory of operation, software/hardware components down to the component level is required. Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Test Range Operations a plus.
- Selected individual should be able to support a dynamic work schedule and some travel will be required.
Work Conditions: Conditions will vary. This position requires both laboratory and fieldwork and candidates will often be required to work outdoors on elevated platforms and be capable of frequent stair climbing, with and without equipment. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.