8 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58511BR Date posted 12/22/City Hood River
As part of UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS), Cloud Cap can leverage its parent company’s legacy of high tech, high quality manufacturing. UTAS has over 50 years of experience in designing, building and testing exceptionally high quality optics and electro-optical systems. And it is a global supplier of systems and services to aerospace, defense, and homeland security markets.
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS) TASE Imaging Systems are the Preferred Tactical ISR Solution, providing superior image quality and offer the lowest size, weight and power (SWaP) requirement in the industry. Proven in the harshest environments our payloads have flown hundreds of thousands of hours of unmanned and manned in theater military operations, public safety missions and commercial surveillance projects.
Piccolo Autopilots provide industry leading, compact, modular flight management for unmanned systems. Offering thin form factor, flexible I/O, and expanded capability for advanced applications, Piccolo products are proven in military operations, public safety missions and commercial projects.
* A minimum of 6 years working in a manufacturing or engineering environment, at least 4 of those as a technician.
* Associates of Applied Science for Electronics Engineering Technology or similar 2 year technical college degree, required.
* Knowledge of production, test, troubleshooting and repair processes required for and related to electronics products manufacturing.
* Previous experience and knowledge of complex electro mechanical assemblies, and software based products, required
* Proven ability to work independently to solve problems given limited direction and scope, required
* Ability to train others on the operation of complex technical systems.
* Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal customers, Sales, Business Development, Engineering, and Production team, required
* Basic computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, database & technical drawing packages required.
* Must be analytical, observant, focused, and have teamwork and leadership skills.
* Demonstrated competence in oral and written communication.
Physical Qualifications, Working Conditions, and Travel:
* Must be physically able to stand, bend, and climb a stepladder. Example activities: travel with products case(s), supporting installation of equipment for customer flight tests, etc.
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds utilizing proper lifting techniques.
* Must possess a valid state driver’s license
* May be required to share office space with others.
* Must be a US Citizen or US Person
Specific duties and tasks related to the job description:
* Work closely with Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Software Engineering and Manufacturing personnel in the production and/or test of non-standard, non-reoccurring engineering projects
* Responsible for trouble shooting at the board and component level.
* Design, construction and documentation of wire harnesses for prototyping.
* Responsible for board level rework to incorporate design changes as well as mechanical rework to prove new ideas including rework on boards with SMT components including fine pitch ICs and tiny components.
* Design and construction of test fixtures and procedures for manufacturing.
* Research and recommend second sources and obsolete component replacement to support Engineering and Manufacturing
* Facilitate Engineering response to vendors and suppliers related to drawing clarification and details.
* Work with Engineering, Business Development and Production teams on new product development
* Author ECOs for non-design related changes.
* Work with manufacturing to author test plans and procedures for manufacturing.
* Provide customer support as needed when appropriate.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.