10 months ago
Engineering Standards Specialist - Global 5000/6000-TOR03453
the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Prepare, administer and approve standard practices, procedures, design guidelines and corporate / site specific part standards contained in Bombardier Manuals
- Able to review and approve, production, source control drawings and Modsums for site specific aircraft
- Able to evaluate and review alternative hardware and materials as the need arises
- Coordinate and facilitate cross-functional multi-site activities and reviews with customers and suppliers.
- Support Engineering, Methods and Operations at various inter-departmental meetings
- Adhere to BA Engineering processes with an eye to continuous improvement
- Administer site specific standards, supersession list and web page updates
As our ideal candidate,
- You have an Engineering degree/diploma or equivalent work experience, with 10+ years demonstrated effectiveness and intimate knowledge of standard hardware, materials and processes used for the manufacture of aircraft.
- You have sound aircraft Engineering, and/or Operations experience.
- You have aptitude for leadership and ability to influence.
- You have a professional attitude and superior communication skills (essential).
- You have excellent organizational and time management skills, foresight, accuracy, attention to detail and commitment to objectives and responsibilities.
- You have pro-active attitude and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- You are self-motivated, autonomous and enthusiastic.
- You have the ability to work willingly and independently in a fast paced, challenging Engineering environment.
- You have effective problem solving skills with ability to make good decisions to satisfy internal and external customer’s needs.
- You have good computing skills; proficient in MS Office, FrameMaker, MS Project, MS Access, UNIX and TSO proficienc
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 07.07.2017, 2:54:22 PM