10 months ago
Engineering Specialist - Flight operations Enginnering-MIR02268
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Develop and deliver training focused on Aircraft Performance principles, Performance manuals and software, and other operational related subjects for airline Flight Operations / Performance Engineers, for all Bombardier Commercial Aircraft platforms.
- Support auditing and consulting activities offered to airline customers.
- Support the Entry-into-service team prior to, and during, entry into service activities as required.
- Provide regular support to queries from our existing customers, and be a point of contact and/or reference for customer related issues on Flight Operations/Performance engineering within the organization.
- Perform special operational performance studies and analysis in support to customer requests, coordinating with Flight Sciences and other departments for support and collaboration as required.
- Participate in the development of other customer services initiatives as required (e.g. AHMS, EFBs, customer services publications).
- Participate in Flight Operations Steering Committees, Aircraft Economic Working Groups, airline workshops, etc.
- Participate in the development and modification of operational documentation and software with regards to flight operations/performance engineering.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, product-strategy and product development teams by providing input with regards to customer operational needs and challenges.
- Perform other tasks assigned, as required
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in aerospace engineering with a minimum of 5 years of aerospace and/or airline industry experience.
- You are familiar with at least one of Bombardier Commercial Aircraft’s products: QSeries, CRJ, CSeries.
- You have a solid understanding of Aircraft Performance principles.
- You have a good understanding of operational regulations and guidance material related to aircraft flight operations and performance, and associated certification regulations.
- You have a good understanding of Flight Manuals, Performance Software and other Publications (AFM, FCOM, QRH, AOM, FPCCM, CAFM, CIFP, SCAPs, EFBs, MMEL, DDG, etc).
- You are familiar with performance optimization, fuel efficiency and cost indexing techniques.
- You have an understanding of weight and balance principles.
- You have an understanding of the cockpit environment and operating procedures.
- You have a general understanding of aircraft systems and maintenance.
- You have a general understanding of air traffic management, navigation and aviation weather.
- You are proficient in office tools, programming and scripting.
- You have excellent skills in customer handling and interpersonal communication, and show good cultural awareness.
- You are able to properly explain complex subjects, you have excellent presentation skills, and you are able to adapt to various types of audiences.
- You must be an innovative team player, self-driven and able to work independently.
- You must be a person with strong sense of responsibility and good engineering and business judgement.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and French. Additional languages are a strong asset.
- You will be available to travel for both domestic and international regions on a low to medium frequency basis.
- A pilot license is considered a strong asset
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Mirabel
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 06.09.2017, 12:07:49 PM