about 1 year ago
Engineering Professional - Wood, Material and Processes, Global Programs-MON15105
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Ensure the technical management of our Finishing materials system, specifically wood, veneer and clear-coats with our internal and external clients (interior design, Product planning, customer liaisons, Engineering, etc).
- Validate the feasibility in production of engineering design touching finishing material, specifically wood veneer and clear-coat (including RFCs, RFQs, PCRs, DCPs & P&Os.
- Provide manufacturability and production support to technical test programs as established by the completion Technologies laboratory and Technical team.
- Conduct engineering work on large projects related to material and systems qualification and development.
- Provide advice and counsel for other teams concerning viability of engineering and interior design solutions. Stay abreast of developments in materials, finishes and processes in order to ensure business jet interiors remain competitive in the industry, specifically items concerning wood species, veneers and clear-coat systems. Effectively interact with the manufacturing staff to execute project and ensure their workload.
- Jointly write test plans touching issues with wood/finishing systems and execute them in the Completion technologies laboratory.
As our ideal candidate,
- You must have an university engineering degree with experience in business jet interiors, specifically hands on experience with raw materials such as wood, veneer, clear-coats, stains, etc
- You have computer knowledge of databases, excel, word.
- You have detailed knowledge and familiarity with business jet interiors.
- You are comfortable interacting with multiple department such as engineering, operations, logistics, procurement, unionized colleagues, etc.
- You are organized, a good planner and problem solver;
- You are fluently bilingual – English and French, written and spoken.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Interior Completion Design
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 04.04.2018, 3:00:22 PM