4 months ago
Engineering Professional, Manufacturing-MON15045
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Lead projects designed to reduce manufacturing time and cost of parts;
- Participate in the development of new manufacturing processes for machining of metal parts;
- Realise reliability studies and processes certifications used in the field of aeronautical;
- Oversight projects for which you will be responsible including planning and monitoring;
- Characterize processes through sampling analysis and assumptions;
- Provide support during testing phases;
- Perform spindles and cutting tools modal analysis to determine optimal cutting parameters;
- Perform stretching simulations to determine optimal parameters ;
- Initiate problem solving for major production issues;
- Participate in the analysis of non-conformities generated during machining operations (poor quality issue).
- Optimize current processes based on studies of latest available technologies;
- Research of new technologies than can be implement;
- Participate in research and development projects;
- Participate in the acquisition of new equipment.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in Aeronautics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience;
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in machining;
- You have an in-depth knowledge of high-speed machining;
- You have a thorough knowledge of the machining manufacturing process;
- You have knowledge of CNC machines;
- You have knowledge of how to program CNC machines;
- You have a basic knowledge of Vericut software (an asset);
- You master Catia V5 core functionality;
- You have knowledge of the Advanced Machining module of Catia (an asset);
- You have the skills to read and analyze technical drawings;
- You master French and English on the written and spoken aspect.
- You are able to express your ideas clearly and concisely;
- You are not afraid to accept responsibility;
- You have are an team player;
- You are innovative;
- You are an independent and likes to take initiatives;
- You are results-oriented.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Your ideas move people.
Job: Methods Engineer
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 01.03.2018, 8:55:23 PM