6 months ago
ENGINEERING PROFESSIONAL - ENGINE PERFORMANCE-MON15556
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering, Aerospace team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Estimate installed power plant performance;
- Understand the functioning of the engine control system, the aircraft performance, and how these interface with the whole aircraft and various sub-systems;
- Support engine performance aspects including bleed system integration, idle settings definition including steep approach, go-around performance;
- Support the propulsion, thermodynamics, hydraulic, electrical and fuel system groups;
- Plan engine performance flight testing, support to flight test and flight test data reduction
- Create reports to document flight test data analysis and to support aircraft certification;
- Maintain and develop AES for the deployed team.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a bachelor`s degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent and ideally more than 3 years of experience in the aerospace industry;
- A master`s degree in aerospace or courses in aircraft performance, fluid dynamics and turbo machinery would be an asset;
- You possess good programming skills in FORTRAN and/or C++ and a working knowledge of a UNIX operating system environment;
- Knowledge of PV-WAVE and Windows (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) would be an asset;
- You possess good interpersonal skills in order to work in team and interface with other groups, suppliers and management as well as good written and oral communication skills;
- You can work independently and demonstrate initiative to achieve the goals established for you.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Mechanical Engineering
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 25.05.2018, 1:53:34 PM
about 1 month ago
only 26 days until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close