3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry's biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The individual in this role will manage a team of manufacturing and quality engineers who develop aerospace component maintenance, repair and overhaul procedures/processes which improve the business MRO capabilities and meet or exceed the customer expectations for quality, cost and turnaround time. The Engineering Manager will manage the execution of manufacturing and quality engineering operational plans and initiatives. Utilizing Continuous Improvement & Lean Principles, the Engineering Manager will establish objectives and guidelines for manufacturing/quality processes, product specifications and procedures which achieve the least waste way. They will also ensure that the quality of products and processes are compliant with internal and regulatory standards and are continuously improving.
* Managing the activities of a team of engineers who develop new repair procedures and design manufacturing and quality processes and specifications that will improve the efficiency and productivity of the organizations manufacturing operations.
* Leading the team in Andon response and Real Time Problem Resolution activities daily on shop floor to resolve manufacturing turn backs and improve manufacturing and quality processes.
* Overseeing the development and implementation of product flow line layout and process improvements.
* Using highly developed technical knowledge and project management skills for project planning budget management, and methodology development to ensure that projects are completed on-time, within budget and according to defined goals.
* Managing Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and the development of recommendations for corrective action for design/manufacturing problems for internally produced products & processes.
* Managing the implementation of solutions to non-conformities and to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
* Directing recruitment, placement, and evaluation of engineering staff and their work products to ensure the effective deployment of talent.
* Overseeing the functional management of direct reports including but not limited to career development and succession planning to meet the organization's needs.
* Use and leverage continuous improvement (ACE) tools and methodology to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
* Support and follow all rules/guidelines/standards set by EHS, Quality, and CI functions as set by your leader and position.
* All other duties as assigned including working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business.
* Manufacturing experience
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing and CI principles (ACE)
* Previous management experience
* 2 years of leadership experience
* Aerospace product & industry experience/knowledge, strong computer skills, good technical writing skills and persuasive writing/presentation skills
* Experience developing talent and building a strong team atmosphere
* Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and management
* Minimal travel required (less then 10 percent)
* Willingness to work nonstandard hours
* Some Holiday hours may be required based on business need
* Working extended shifts/overtime as required by the business
This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAAs regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40
* Bachelors degree in Engineering required.
* Advanced degree in related field preferred.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.