4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Our Specialty Seating Systems is recognized as a leading designer, developer, and manufacturer of a broad spectrum of aerospace specialty seating products. Our state-of-the-art, 16g dynamically certified cockpit and cabin crew seats, and 30g crashworthy helicopter seats are showcased on commercial, regional, business, and military aircraft for most major OEMs. Our portfolio includes proprietary products designed specifically for Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, and Bombardier, as well as key military OEMs to include Lockheed Martin and Boeing Military. We recruit the best talent and use the best processes to solve some of the industry's greatest challenges - safely, ethically and responsibly. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. How our people perform is as important as how our products operate.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for the detail design and development of Commercial and Military Specialty Seating products. May have oversight of one or more areas of Engineering such as Design, Product, Helicopter, Ejection Seat/HMTF Engineering or Technical Services. This Manager provides leadership, guidance, and direction to the assigned Engineering Team members and the India Design Team in support of development projects. This person will interface directly with internal and external customers in support of new product development activities. Additionally, this person supports the technical aspects of new business capture activities and Project Management.
* Manages a staff of design/mechanical engineers and mechanical designers over a range of seating products.
* Acts as the primary technical focal with the India Design Center.
* Responsible for ensuring technical activities related to new product development are assigned to the India team members.
* Focuses on managerial concerns of projects such as cost, weight, completion date, and resource allocation.
* Provides expert resolution of issues and monitors integration of work.
* Drives continuous improvement for development engineering processes.
* Uses ACE tools to improve the department and streamline department procedures.
* Ensures the use of UTAS Lean Product Development tools in new product development.
* Reviews technical concepts of projects to ensure customer, regulatory, assembly, and manufacturing requirements are met.
* Personally participates in solving particularly difficult technical problems.
* Handles personnel actions including recruitment, performance reviews, salary recommendations, employee relations and coordination of training and development.
* Responsible for developing talent and teams’ expertise.
* Supports development and management of department budgets.
* Supports technical activities related to new business capture.
* Assists with Project Management activities related to new product introduction.
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct.
* Performs other duties as required.
Qualification: Experience Required:
* At least 6 years working in a design engineering position requiring a high level of technical aptitude.
* 3+ years’ experience in a technical leadership role
* Experience executing designs introduced into Production
* Experience in a technical leadership role in the aerospace industry.
* Experience with the entire product development cycle
* Lean/Six Sigma experience
* Knowledge of NX and Teamcenter
* Knowledge of SAP
* Supervisory experience.
* Knowledge of FAA and other airworthiness regulatory requirements.
* Strong leadership and team building abilities.
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead teams, including coaching and mentoring.
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills and prioritize both daily issues and long-term projects.
* Strong written and verbal skills
* Strong computer skills, including skill in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new software.
* Strong Continuous Improvement skills and customer focus.
* Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, and act strategically and tactically to support successful project completion.
* 100% dedicated to following all safety procedures and precautions.
* Develops plans that anticipate short- and long-term business demands.
* Drives change and use new or unique solutions in a business situation.
* Provides a clear vision to others of what the organization needs to ensure its future success.
* 20% of time traveling
Work Environment/Other Position Requirements:
* Office environment or office environment on the production floor.
* Occasional need to be on the production floor, requiring safety glasses, and ability to stand for long periods.
* Domestic and international travel up to 20%.
* Ability to input, access, retrieve, and send information via computer.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree with 6–10+ years’ experience in a related engineering field OR
* MA/MS degree with 4–7+ years’ experience in a related engineering field OR
* Ph.D. degree with 2–4+ years’ experience in a related engineering field
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.