5 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Engineering is growing fast, and the pace of change is growing with it. So we need another energetic self-starter to jump in and join an already effective team. ECAT (Engineering Change and Analysis Team) has successfully been supporting Mechanical Engineering with change and lifecycle management for several years, and now is expanding to support all of Engineering. It's a great opportunity to have a real impact on Engineering at WESCAM!
Tasks to be Accomplished
* * Responsible for the preparation and execution of sustaining and NPI engineering changes of simple to medium complexity;
* Responsible to check simple engineering changes for accuracy and compliance to company standards;
* Maintain product baseline BOM structures based on input from design and manufacturing engineering;
* Assist in generating customer deliverable top level BOMs from product baseline BOM based on requirements from Systems Engineering;
* Liaise with other engineering departments, project management, PMO and CM to facilitate the release of engineering changes;
* Execute activities related to commercial part number validation, data entry and obsolescence;
* Support the development/implementation of departmental and cross-functional continuous improvement projects;
* Any other tasks or projects assigned by the manager.
* Working knowledge of the automated CM tools (PLM / ERP applications);
* Good analytical and problem solving skills;
* An effective communicator, able to articulate complex solutions clearly and concisely;
* Working knowledge of CM Principles, Concepts, Practices & Standards and their various applications (particularly ANSI/EIA-649);
* Capability to understand engineering documentation & terminology;
* Working knowledge of managing engineering component selection, management and obsolescence;
* Exercises independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods and resolving difficulties;
* Willingness to embrace change, with a drive to champion the implementation of quality / continuous improvement initiatives;
* Demonstrated capability of working under tight timelines;
* Ability to thrive in a high pressure environment;
* High level of self-motivation, energy and tenacity;
Experience & Education Requirements
* Education to a diploma level in a Technology/Business program or an equivalent combination of education and related experience;
* One to two years of experience in Configuration Management, or Engineering Document Control Environment, or Document Control / Management;
* Working Knowledge of Configuration Management principles, concepts, practices and standards (CM Industry standard EIA-649/ ISO10007);
* CMII or CMPIC certifications an asset;
* Ability to obtain and maintain Controlled Goods Program clearance.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam