about 1 year ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
* This role is responsible for requirements and architecture definition, analysis, and management in order to provide a complete set of traceable requirements for the products and processes at all levels to ensure that the design is focused on the customer’s needs.
* It is expected this role is 50% management and 50% hands on technical.
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Technical responsibility for requirements and architecture engineering of products and integrated systems designed and integrated by L3 WESCAM.
* Manage and lead the Systems Requirements and Architecture Engineering group focusing on the people, process and tools to ensure that turrets and integrated systems are adequately tested and evaluated against specifications.
* Act as champion for requirements and architecture engineering promoting best practice and educating the organization.
* Act as the subject matter expert on DOORS, Requirements Development, Requirements Analysis and Requirements Management.
* Build capacity to ensure that Requirements and Architecture capability is available as necessary.
* Ensure Customer needs and requirements are defined or refined at the start of the systems lifecycle.
* Ensure functional participation in the requirements development process (e.g mechanical engineering, training, etc).
* Support the conduct of technology assessments to determine design constraints and restraints.
* Define/refine the process for developing and managing system operational and support concept documents throughout the systems engineering lifecycle.
* Establish requirements engineering measures.
* Conduct optimization analysis to identify desired characteristics.
* Conduct functional analysis and assign functional performance requirements to subsystems.
* Conduct or support the conduct of trade studies to analyze alternatives and support the selection of balanced and optimized systems elements.
* Lead group in authoring and implementing ISO 15288 compliant systems engineering sub-processes as assigned by Senior Manager, Systems Engineering.
* Work with Software and Electrical engineering to ensure handoff between ISO15288 and ISO 12207 are defined and adhered to including the timely development and release of System Requirement Specifications.
* Ensure guidelines are in place for document review.
* Lead requirements and architecture peer review sessions.
* Establish systems architecture capability as L3 WESCAM.
* Establish a systems architecture library.
* Establish and maintain requirements database.
* Work with the Senior Manager, Systems Engineering to identify risks, issues, opportunities and mitigation.
* Support the PMO in the conduct and execution of customer funded projects and programs by ensuring estimates are valid, risks are identified and managed, and work is executed on time and on budget.
* Provide regular training in requirements and architecture engineering to the Systems Engineering Department.
* Support technical reviews and audits as required.
* Ensure Safety and other requirements are verified throughout the development cycle.
* Support pre-sales engineering as required to develop high level technical solutions for estimating.
* Support bid and proposal process for major and minor bids as requested by the Senior Manager, Systems Engineering
* Keep in synchronization with industry trends and new technology that may be relevant to L-3 WESCAM’s present and future development
* Support Lean Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement initiatives
* Other duties as assigned by the Director, Systems Engineering
* Deep understanding of requirements methodology
* Familiar with the installation and integration of airborne electronic equipment
* Knowledge of commercial and military standards
* Lean six sigma and continuous improvement.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Strong project and technical management skills.
* Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
* Proven requirements analysis and derivation skills.
Experience & Education Requirements
* Bachelor of Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Engineering Physics, Software all appropriate degrees) or equivalent on the job experience
* 5 - 10 years experience in Systems Engineering
* Must be able to hold NATO SECRET clearance
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam