4 months ago
Engineer, Structures Production Support - Global 7000-TOR03931
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one great idea at a time. We provide the environment where these ideas thrive and grow into great products or customer experiences.
You will be part of the Product Development Engineering team where it all starts for Bombardier as it sets the stage to take full advantage of its investments and the tremendous growth potential of its new products. The organization is responsible for bringing new aircraft programs to their successful entry-into-service. Currently, these new products are the all-new CSeries commercial aircraft and the high-performance Global 7000/Global 8000 business jets.
In your role, you will:
- Work within a team to resolve fit, form or functional issues on A/C components.
- Support to Production, Design Engineering, Procurement & Quality in resolution of issues.
- Generate engineering documents (drawings, MBD, and NIEO, modsums) to support RFC and PCR authorities.
- Be involved in and part of all aspects of Structures, Systems Installations and Integration dealing with Final Line by closely working with other engineering departments, internal and external customers, and Structural partners/Suppliers.
- Apply Achieving Engineering Excellence and other methodologies to implement and improve business processes, enhance customer satisfaction and meet strategic goals.
- Maintaining technical knowledge and awareness of developments related to airframe structures
As our ideal candidate,
- You have minimum of 10 years of experience in airframe primary and secondary structural design including systems installations,
- You have detail understanding of aircraft structure & system installation technical requirements, aircraft materials and hardware, standards and specifications. Electrical & Systems experience would be an asset.
- You have detailed understanding of airframe configuration optimization, loads, stress analysis, manufacturing processes, tooling concepts and structural in-service requirements.
- You have understanding of civil aircraft certification rules and experience in certification procedures would be an asset.
- You have previous CATIA V5, Design, and support to production experience. MRB experience would be considered an asset.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Aeronautical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 20.04.2018, 8:38:44 PM
3 months ago
only 9 days until close
2 months ago
only 16 days until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
26 days ago
only 1 day until close