5 months ago
Engineer, SME,Automation & Robotics, Global 7000 Program-TOR03943
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Identify advanced manufacturing improvement opportunities, conduct new technology automation and tooling studies, business case and option analyses
- Project manage and coordinate the implementation of new or improvements on existing automation solutions
- Lead problem solving activities, and implement corrective actions as necessary
- Provide technical support to production employees during the use of automation and robotic tooling on the final assembly line
- Support the setup of inventory controls for automation equipment and spare parts
- Work with production employees and the training center to handover new technology, automated tooling and robotic tooling to be used by production operators
- Work with information technology (IT) department in development of automated controls for accessing, backing-up and monitoring changes to all automation and robotic programs and reporting systems used on the final assembly line
- Actively participate in Achieving Excellence System implementation
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering.
- You possess automation and/or robotic manufacturing experience.
- You have working knowledge of cost accounting and cost estimating.
- You have proven ability to manage technical projects in a manufacturing environment.
- You have proven problem solving abilities and a history of sound decision making
- You possess a solid understanding of engineering principles.
- You have knowledge of applying lean manufacturing techniques.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You are organized, have excellent time management skills and are able to manage multiple priorities
- Knowledge of CATIA V5, ENOVIA V5, DELMIA, Fast-tip, Spatial Analyzer and/or NC programming is an asset.
- You have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and SAP.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 27.04.2018, 7:28:34 PM
8 months ago
only 6 days until close
3 months ago
only 11 days until close
3 months ago
only 20 hours until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close