about 1 year ago
Summary: Reliability Engineering position is in support of the, repair and overhaul (MRO) of aircraft components. Specifically, the position is responsible for improving the On-wing time of the aircraft components through the implementation of component reliability upgrades and/or maintenance practice improvements.
* Perform analyses to identify component performance trends;
* Root cause analysis on poorly performing components;
* Develop solutions in conjunction with the original equipment manufacturer and/or repair vendor
* Prepare and present the business case for the recommended changes.
Working with production, subject experts maters, suppliers and OEM to perform root cause analysis to develop corrective actions.
Support production improvement proposal activities
* Bachelor's degree in an applicable Engineering discipline from four-year College or university:
* Minimum of two years of previous experience applying Reliability engineering principles during sustainment phases of aircraft component programs.
Experience in aircraft component Repair and Overhaul (MRO) - preferred.
Ability to manage multiple projects
Previous experience in the Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) discipline.
Develops engineering solutions to repetitive component failures. These problems include capacity, quality, cost or regulatory compliance issues.
Complete knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as Avionics, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and systems with ability to read, understand and interpret engineering technical information (e.g., drawings, handbooks, Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), industry standards and specifications).
: United States-New York-Garden City
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran