3 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines. Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation.
Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
The Quality Engineer is responsible for the total contractual quality requirements for assigned programs, consistent with the policies and procedures set forth in the organizations Quality and Reliability Manuals and corporate directives. He/she may direct the activities of lower level Quality Engineers and other Quality personnel in the accomplishment of his/her assignments. The Quality Engineer works within a cross-functional team to plan and implement written instructions to assure the highest level of product quality within all items delivered to customers.
* The Quality Engineer provides quality requirements input for customer 'Requests or Quotation' to proposal team leader. This includes interpretation and time need to comply.
* Evaluates the requirements for special inspection and test equipment.
* Instruct other company personnel in the areas of quality requirements, inspection techniques, and problem solving tools. Provide technical expertise as required.
* Determine the causes and manage the implementation of effective corrective action as problems are identified.
* After receipt on contract, the Quality Engineer is responsible for generating the procedures required assuring that all contractual quality requirements are adhered to.
* Assists in the preparation, review and approval of specific quality documents in compliance with contractual requirements. These documents shall include, but not be limited to; Manufacturing Procedures, Drawings and Revisions, Procurement Specifications, Qualification Test Procedures, Acceptance Test Procedures, Program Quality Plans, Special Process Procedures, and Training Documents.
* Coordinates inspection requirements with customers.
* Evaluates inspection equipment and tooling requirements to meet contractual quality specifications.
* Develops, for each new program as required, with the responsible project engineer, the plan by which the reliability of the system, subsystem, or component shall be demonstrated.
* Supports engineering design personnel in the initial design phases of programs undertaken by IAPS - Propulsion. The prime consideration is the inclusion of a maximum inherent reliability factor in the diagram.
* Reviews Development Test Plan and monitors testing.
* Monitors and approves the qualification test and lot acceptance test programs at IAPS Propulsion and independent test labs.
* Participates in customer design reviews.
* Reviews requests to purchase and provides quality requirements.
* Maintains material configuration on assigned programs.
* Reviews assigned job travelers for correctness and applicability of procedure, material requisition, and nomenclature.
* Monitors inspection and functional test data, and isolates potential problem areas as indicated by significant lot-to-lot data shifts.
* Analyzes, complies, and makes available to management and engineering personnel, quality assurance and reliability data that can be used to predict the performance characteristics of system component. This function includes periodically updating reliability estimates.
* Reviews discrepant hardware and recommends disposition. Participates in failure analyses and Material Review Board actions.
* Participates in customer and in-house audits.
* Devises programs for preventive quality assurance.
* Maintains a close and effective relationship with customer and government quality assurance/reliability representatives, acting as liaison between these individuals and IAPS Propulsion.
* Three or more years of relative experience
* Experience in Aerospace, Manufacturing, Assembly, Inspection, Quality Engineering (preferably military defense) preferred
* Must have, as a minimum, a general working knowledge of the current quality specifications, such as: AS9100 and/or ISO 9000
* Experience with continuous improvement methodologies (Lean, Six-sigma, Variability Reduction, SPC, etc.) in an aerospace (preferably military defense) environment a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with diverse audiences both internally and externally and to foster a sense of teamwork.
* Ability to represent UTC Aerospace Systems while interfacing with customers.
* Ability to work well under pressure. Job priorities are subject to change and flexibility will be a key to success in this job.
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen
* BA or BS Degree in Engineering, Quality or related degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.