4 months ago
At Bombardier, our employees are working together to improve mobility around the world, one good idea after the other. If you have something in mind, we provide the environment for it to become a unique product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our energy.
As part of the deployment of Bombardier Aerospace's manufacturing strategy, the industrialization team is looking for a manufacturing technical expert.
As a Technologist within the Manufacturing Engineering and Innovation team, you will participate in the development and optimization of the manufacturing processes used at Bombardier’s Saint-Laurent Manufacturing Center.
You will have the opportunity to work closely with the departments of methods, production, quality, engineering, logistics and tooling.
In your role, you will:
• Lead projects designed to reduce manufacturing time and cost of parts;
• Participate in the development of new manufacturing processes for machining of metal parts;
• Realise reliability studies and processes certifications used in the field of aeronautical;
• Oversight projects for which you will be responsible including planning and monitoring;
• Characterize processes through sampling analysis and assumptions;
• Provide support during testing phases;
• Perform spindles and cutting tools modal analysis to determine optimal cutting parameters;
• Perform stretching simulations to determine optimal parameters ;
• Initiate problem solving for major production issues;
• Participate in the analysis of non-conformities generated during machining operations (poor quality issue).
• Optimize current processes based on studies of latest available technologies;
• Research of new technologies than can be implement;
• Participate in research and development projects;
• Participate in the acquisition of new equipment.
As an ideal candidate,
- You have a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in Aeronautics or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience;
- You have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in machining;
- You are specialized in machining and aircraft skin stretching;
- You have an in-depth knowledge of high-speed machining;
- You have a thorough knowledge of the machining manufacturing process;
- You have knowledge of CNC machines;
- You have knowledge of how to program CNC machines;
- You have a basic knowledge of Vericut software (an asset);
- You master Catia V5 core functionality;
- You have knowledge of the Advanced Machining module of Catia (an asset);
- You have the skills to read and analyze technical drawings;
- You master French and English on the written and spoken aspect.
- You are able to express your ideas clearly and concisely;
- You are not afraid to accept responsibility;
- You have are an team player;
- You are innovative;
- You are an independent and likes to take initiatives;
- You are results-oriented.
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal St. Laurent
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 04.04.2018, 6:32:09 PM