10 months ago
KBRwyle has an opening for a maintenance & reliability engineer in Warren, Michigan.
The Engineer II will have the following duties and responsibilities:
-Work within the areas of engineering relating to reliability, quality, maintenance, process improvement, logistics, and product support of complex systems used in military and commercial applications.
- Possess complete understanding of technical principles and concepts in reliability, safety, health and environmental issues, manufacturing processes, operational equipment effectiveness, and other aspects of reliability, maintainability and availability.
- Contribute to completion of concept development, concept evaluation, configuration selection for further development, comparative analysis, design for reliability and testing of alternative configurations, functional analysis and other activities associated with trade studies, trade-off analysis, Analysis of Alternatives, and sensitivity analysis for modifications and upgrades applicable to multiple tactical wheeled vehicle platforms.
- Provide recommendations for choosing alternative design, implementation strategies, and solutions based on architecture, performance, and cost required to meet stakeholder requirements documenting justification for the recommended solution.
- Evaluate developmental cost, lifecycle cost, requirements compliance, and risk factors such as safety, technical, budget, and schedule
- Determine, recommend or implement process improvements and enhancements to supportability requirements through systems engineering and design, preparing business cases, risk assessment and communicating to stakeholders.
Education/Experience: This position requires a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited university. The selected candidate must have eight (8) years of experience in the field or a related area. The preferred applicant will have experience with military equipment and weapons systems maintenance, engineering and military logistics.
Preference will be given to a candidate with education and familiarity with engineering methods relating to mechanical reliability, design for reliability engineering and statistical analysis of reliability data.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The individual must meet requirements to immediately obtain a Common Access Card upon hire. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.