8 months ago
Manager Reliability Engineering
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Reliability Engineer I ensures compliance with Alaska Airlines and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) requirements and is a key member and contributor to the success of the Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) division. As part of the Engineering department, this role works with a team of engineers and analysts to leverage data and analysis to continuously monitor the mechanical performance of the Boeing and Airbus fleets.
Scope & Complexity
- Under limited supervision, the Reliability Engineer provides recommendations and supports decisions for a continuously improving, reliability-driven aircraft maintenance program. This role drives process improvement to support operational excellence performance goals, resulting in world class service for Alaskas customers.
- Applies engineering principles in developing technical solutions to complex reliability issues that affects Alaska Airlines operational performance.
- Develops the necessary engineering to maintain compliance with airworthiness directives, changes to Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR), and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) service bulletins.
- Coordinates with the responsible groups in the M&E Division to develop and implement program efficiencies and simplifications into daily processes, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Recommends effective and efficient improvements to Alaskas scheduled maintenance programs.
- Provides engineering assistance consisting of technical data, processes, and procedures necessary to maintain continued airworthiness of the aircraft.
- Monitors auditing function of aircraft reliability data to ensure accuracy and consistency of program inputs.
- Coordinates and distributes routine reports to support the Reliability Analysis Program (RAP) and regulatory requirements, along with ad-hoc reports to support internal customer needs.
- Supports existing departmental reporting and analysis tools (FileMaker Pro, Tableau, Hyperion Studio) and assists in the develops new and innovative solutions.
- Stays abreast of aircraft technical developments that could affect the reliability of Alaskas aircraft, equipment and programs.
- Interface with OEMs and industry peers to seek engineering solutions to fleet reliability issues.
- Follows established work process policies and procedures defined in Safety Management System (SMS), Extended-Range Operations with Two-Engine Aircraft (ETOPS), General Procedures Manual (GPM), and Reliability Analysis Program (RAP) manuals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job-Specific Skills & Education
- A minimum of 4 years of experience at an airline operator, aerospace company, or equivalent data-driven technical organization with at least 1 year of engineering experience. (Relevant engineering internship(s) or co-operative program experience will be considered.)
- A Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in Engineering, Data Science, Aerospace, or Computer Science. (Extensive aircraft reliability experience in conjunction with a degree in another field may be considered)
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written) and ability to professionally lead meetings
- Detail oriented and highly organized, with ability to prioritize, multitask, and work independently with limited guidance in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience with modern data analysis and reporting tools (Tableau, Alteryx, Toad, Hyperion Studio)
- SQL proficiency and/or familiarity with at least one modern programming language.
- Lean, Six Sigma, or continuous improvement training and/or certification.
- Strong command of Reliability Engineering and statistical analysis concepts.
- Engineering knowledge of aircraft design (structures, systems, avionics, powerplant, interiors).
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certification
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: Sunday, March 22, 11:59 PM
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.