6 months ago
We are in search of an experienced Development & Support Engineer with specific experience in developing and implementing repair processes specific to aero-gas turbine engine components.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibility of the NPI developments in compliance with all the relevant technical documentation as well as supporting production when needed and assisting when necessary for other side projects
.• The engineer is in charge of the NPI projects from its assessment to the FA article closure and handover to production (or whenever during this time when the engineer is assigned to the project)
• Responsible for developing new capability
• Generate all the necessary technical instructions
• Responsible for acquiring and helping set up vendors that are needed to complete a project
• Manage the setup of outside vendor services which may be used from time to time.
• Design or define tooling/fixtures necessary to support repair process and to verify compliance with relevant technical specifications and requirements
• Provide assistance, guidance, and instructions to mechanics and inspectors for best practices to comply with technical requirements
• Prepare engineering reports and data packages for repair development substantiation and approval
• Responsible to troubleshoot new capabilities while they are being processed prior to those projects being handed over to production
• Provides production engineering support when required for production, quality or customer service
• Support includes but is not limited to: create, revise or modify any kind of technical documentation (routers, teardowns, operational sheets), design tooling/fixture to support repair process, performing root cause analysis, creating technical reports, investigating a quality issue, communicate with the OEM, analyze OEM documentation, propose process improvement, be part of a resource of a project team, communicate with vendors or customers.
* Minimum 3 years experience in a related engineering discipline. Specific turbine engine component repair development experience is an asset
* University degree in mechanical engineering
* Thorough knowledge of gas turbine engine theory and performance
* Fully conversant with testing methods and experiment design to meet airworthiness compliance program requirements.
* Strong planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills.
* Strong project management skills.
* Thorough knowledge of aerospace materials and processes.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints.
* Working knowledge of PC's
* Working knowledge of precision measuring instruments.
* Experience in an aerospace engineering environment.