10 months ago
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD OF CONTRACT
• Must possess an in-depth knowledge of complex multi engine turbojets and be familiar with military technical manuals, technical orders, modification work orders, and engineering and technical data.
• Order and maintain items required to accomplish tasking.
• An FAA Power plant certification i s desired.
• This individual shall have demonstrated expertise with all aspects of engine maintenance and overhaul.
• This individual shall have demonstrated leadership skills and it is highly desirable that this individual have extensive knowledge of USCG aeronautical engineering policy as outlined in Commandant Instruction Manual CIM 13020.I (series) ) and Process Guide PGOA.
• Must have a minimum of eight years total documented working as an engine mechanic on C-130 engines; at least three years on T-56 engines and at least three years of experience on the AE2 I 0003 engines.
An FAA Power plant certification is desired.
Aircraft Mechanic Physical Requirements:
Must be able to climb ladders, stairs and portable stands and navigate these without assistance. Must be able to work at heights 70 feet above the ground. Must be able to work in extreme heat/cold.
Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, chemicals, odors, dust. Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, balance, push, pull, kneel, grasp, crouch, crawl, work in narrow aisles/passageways, and work in close spaces that restrict movement including aircraft fuel tanks for extended periods of time.
Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time. Must be able to work primarily with fingers such as picking, pinching, typing. Must have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Must be capable of routinely performing industry standard ambidextriosities required to complete tasks. Must be able to lift/maneuver up to 50 pounds. Must be able and willing to enter and work in confined spaces, such as aircraft fuel tanks and beneath floor panels with clearances of 18” – 24”.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
US Security Clearance Required: Public Trust
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division - ASD-20000079
: Individual Contributor
: Aug 31, 2017, 9:18:43 PM
: Installation and Maintenance