9 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Machinery & equipment maintenance
Engine Mechanic - CFM
Regular Full time
Part time / Full time
As one of the SAFRAN Group's high-tech companies, Safran Electrical & Power groups all of SAFRAN's electrical power system businesses for the aviation market, encompassing aircraft electrical systems (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration and support services), along with engineering services for the aerospace, auto and rail sectors.
Already a recognized leader in power electronics, Safran Electrical & Power actively supports Safran's strategy in the fast-growing market for "more electric" aircraft. Safran Electrical & Power is a center of expertise in aircraft electrical wiring interconnection systems (EWIS), power systems, wiring and advanced engineering, making it the world's leading supplier of equipment for "more electric" aircraft.
Safran Electrical & Power's industrial activities are organized to serve our markets and customers with locations throughout the world.
Headquartered out of Blagnac, France, our workforce spans over 14,200 talented employees. SAFRAN's workforce includes over 70,000 employees.
We currently have a position available for an Engine Mechanic -CFM at a brand new facility in Mobile Alabama.
• Performs technical intervention on CFM56-5B and LEAP engines to bring the product back to standard following the airframer or airliner requests.
• Performs engine inspections all along the delivery process.
• Uses calibrated and uncalibrated tools for assembly/disassembly of engine parts.
• Reads and understands schematics and mechanical drawings.
• Assembles mechanical parts/components and installs/removes based on technical data.
• Familiar with aviation maintenance manuals : AMM, ESM and IPC.
• Ensures all parts, components, assemblies, and interventions are properly documented as required.
• Demonstrates a high level of quality in all work performed.
• Works on the final assembly line and flight line where tasks vary based on work to be accomplished.
• Supports the setup and management of the warehouse (parts storage, receiving and shipping)
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
• Works in extreme weather conditions and environments proficiently.
• Works well individually or within a small team.
• Regular predictable attendance is required.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Travel is required
Training will be provided for certifications and is conducted in France and Germany of about one month duration.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Language skills
o Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos - Advanced
o Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization - Advanced
• Mathematical Skills
o Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals - Advanced
o Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs - Advanced
• Reasoning Ability
o Ability to apply common sense - Advanced
o Understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions - Advanced
o Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variable in standardized situations - Advanced
• In addition to the requirements listed above the candidate must also possess:
o Technical skills - Advanced
o Judgment - Advanced
o Professionalism - Advanced
o Quality - Expert
o Adaptability - Advanced
o Computer skills & MS Office - Advanced
A&P License required
North America, United States, Alabama, Mobile
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years