4 months ago
This position is located in Mobile, Alabama
As one of the SAFRAN Group's high-tech companies, Safran Electrical & Power groups all of SAFRAN's electrical power system businesses for the aviation market, encompassing aircraft electrical systems (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration and support services), along with engineering services for the aerospace, auto and rail sectors.
Already a recognized leader in power electronics, Safran Electrical & Power actively supports Safran's strategy in the fast-growing market for "more electric" aircraft. Safran Electrical & Power is a center of expertise in aircraft electrical wiring interconnection systems (EWIS), power systems, wiring and advanced engineering, making it the world's leading supplier of equipment for "more electric" aircraft.
Safran Electrical & Power's industrial activities are organized to serve our markets and customers with locations throughout the world.
Headquartered out of Blagnac, France, our workforce spans over 14,200 talented employees. SAFRAN's workforce includes over 70,000 employees.
We currently have a position available for an Engine Mechanic -CFM at a brand new facility in Mobile Alabama, Airbus and the opportunity to work on legacy CFM56-5B and new generation aircraft engines LEAP
* • Education Requirement: A & P Certified
* • Language skills
o Ability to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos - Advanced
o Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization - Advanced
* • Mathematical Skills
o Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals - Advanced
o Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs - Advanced
* • Reasoning Ability
o Ability to apply common sense - Advanced
o Understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions - Advanced
o Ability to deal with problems involving few concrete variable in standardized situations - Advanced
* • In addition to the requirements listed above the candidate must also possess:
o Technical skills - Advanced
o Judgment - Advanced
o Professionalism - Advanced
o Quality - Expert
o Adaptability - Advanced
o Computer skills & MS Office - Advanced
* • Performs technical intervention on CFM56-5B and LEAP engines to bring the product back to standard following the airframer or airliner requests.
* • Performs engine inspections all along the delivery process.
* • Uses calibrated and uncalibrated tools for assembly/disassembly of engine parts.
* • Reads and understands schematics and mechanical drawings.
* • Assembles mechanical parts/components and installs/removes based on technical data.
* • Familiar with aviation maintenance manuals : AMM, ESM and IPC.
* • Ensures all parts, components, assemblies, and interventions are properly documented as required.
* • Demonstrates a high level of quality in all work performed.
* • Works on the final assembly line and flight line where tasks vary based on work to be accomplished.
* • Supports the setup and management of the warehouse (parts storage, receiving and shipping)
* • Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture.
* • Works in extreme weather conditions and environments proficiently.
* • Works well individually or within a small team.
* • Regular predictable attendance is required.
* • Performs other duties as assigned
Specificity of the job
Travel is required
Training will be provided for certifications and is conducted in France and Germany of about one month duration.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world leaders in aerospace electrical systems, No. 1 for wiring and No. 2 for electrical systems. As a pivotal player in the 'more electric' aircraft, the company boasts more than 13,000 employees dotted across 12 countries.