9 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 11/28/2017
Posting Close Date: 12/12/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Encore Maintenance Systems Support Analyst – Propulsion/Landing Gear
· Responsible for the oversight on modification and configuration changes pertaining to engine and sub components
· Responsible for the oversight on modification and configuration changes pertaining to auxiliary power unit (APU) and sub components
· Responsible for the oversight on modification and configuration changes pertaining to propeller and sub components
· Responsible for the oversight on modification and configuration changes pertaining to landing gear (LDG) and sub components
· Liaise with Fleet Configuration Department on updates and verification of modification status to Engines/Propeller/APU/LDG assembly as it pertains to Fleet Configuration Management control
· Review Technical Log book and Certification Package for Engineering Control Compliance on Engines/Propeller/APU at time of introduction into company or following shop visit
· Liaise with Rotable Component Control Department to provides technical and commercial oversight for outsourced Engines/Propeller/APU/LDG component repairs on scope, schedule, and costs
· Provide hands-on support with maintenance activities on Engine/Propeller/APU/LDG when required
· Managing of on-wing defects pertaining to the Engine/Propeller/APU/LDG when the assembly is removed from aircraft
· Review Engines/Propeller/APU/LDG scheduled inspection, component life limit parts, defects and/or fault history for planning shop scope of work requirements
· Working with Reliability Department and other internal stakeholders, assist with providing technical support, acquiring data, guidance, troubleshooting on Engine/Propeller/APU assemblies as required
· Liaison with Maintenance Control, Planning and Reliability Department to support preparation and the execution of rectification plans to long term or recurring defects on Engine/Propeller/APU assemblies as required
· Liaise with Planning Department on the forecast for Engine/Propeller/APU/LDG removal and installation schedule
· Liaise with Programs Department on the development and tracking of Engine/Propeller/APU/LDG Engineering Controls and Task Cards in computerized maintenance tracking system (TRAX)
· Liaise with all functional areas of the Maintenance Department to improve reliability, cost reduction, warranty and the Maintenance Program by supporting new programs and projects as directed
· Technical release of aircraft major assemblies when required
· Other duties as assigned
· Hold a valid “M2” or “E” Transport Canada AME Licence
· Must be able to attain a valid WestJet Encore Certification Authority (ACA) for one (1) or more types of transport category aircraft operated by the Company
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in maintenance of transport category aircraft.
· Must hold a valid Radio License Industry Canada Radio (aeronautical) Certificate
· Familiarity with TRAX / Sabre suite considered an asset
· Intermediate computer skills in the Microsoft Office Suite is required
· Has good knowledge of the Transport Canada Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs) Requirements
· Display adequate knowledge of industry practices and understanding of the responsibilities
· Experience overhauling turbine engines as asset
· Proven technical aptitude with a minimum of 2 years of experience (P&W 150 or Equivalent type of engine) required.
· Must be flexible to work shift work and travel to support AOGs and off base maintenance events
Desired personal skills:
· A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to effectively communicate with others
· Strong troubleshooting and time management skills
· The ability to make safe / sound decisions, while following documented polices / procedures
· A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise
· Excellent ability to multitask & handle changing priorities under extreme pressure
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
· A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety oriented atmosphere
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.