9 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 11/24/2017
Posting Close Date: 12/01/2017 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Encore Maintenance Programs – Lead
The Maintenance Program Lead is responsible for leading Maintenance Programmers and overseeing requirements for the Technical Operations department. They will coordinate work with the Heavy Maintenance, Line Maintenance, and Planning teams.
· Develop and maintain the Maintenance Program
· Provide leadership and mentorship for Maintenance Programs I, II, & II as well as Configuration Analyst
· Review and evaluate instructions for continual airworthiness (ADs, SB etc.) for maintenance program applicability and development of task cards as required
· Collect technical, maintenance related data from internal IT systems, OEMs, reports/publications/databases
· Liaise with all functional areas of the Maintenance Department to improve reliability, cost reduction, warranty, and the maintenance program
· Enhance the Maintenance Program, including component, structural, and powerplant as identified via available data. This includes monitoring the effectiveness of the nonscheduled Engineering controls structures and content
· Implement Maintenance Program revisions by effectively communicating revisions to the rest of the maintenance department
· Represent Encore as a participant of the Q400 ISC (Industry Steering Committee) via teleconference and attending face to face meetings
· Assign tasks to maintenance programs team staff and monitor task progress
· Assess the Maintenance Program for fleet operational requirements and schedule maintenance review board meetings as required
· Assist in performing the duties carried out by Program Analyst level 2 and 3
· Complete aircraft ASL load in TRAX
· Must hold a valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (M, E, or S) license
· Being endorsed on the Q400 would be an asset
· Minimum 10 years engineering, technical or maintenance programs experience (or a combination of all) in the aircraft maintenance industry.
· Minimum 5 years of experience working with ICA’s, OEM documentation, Regulatory data such as Airworthiness Directives and CAR’s (Canadian Aviation Regulations).
· Minimum 2 years of experience with WestJet Encore maintenance computer software program TRAX.
· Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office suite of software.
· Demonstrated ability to mentor and lead employees
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Must be a proven team player
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.