12 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 12/18/2018
Posting Close Date: (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Encore Avionics Technician – Toronto
WestJet Encore is currently searching for a capable and talented individual for the role of Avionics Technician. WestJet Encore AVT’s are responsible for the safe and efficient daily maintenance on our fleet of aircraft.
· Exercise the privileges of the Aircraft Certification Authority in accordance with this manual (if authorized).
· Understand and comply with the regulatory requirements and the requirements of the Company manuals.
· Accurate completion of all paperwork in accordance with published procedures, manuals and documentation.
· Provide supervision, mentorship, instruction and guidance for non-ACA Technicians and/or Apprentice Engineers working on shift at their facility.
· Care and custody of tooling and publications associated with the maintenance function.
· Accomplish all work tasks assigned.
· After termination of the last flight or releasing the aircraft to service, ensure all paperwork required for Technical Dispatch is sent to the Maintenance Control Department in a timely manner.
· Communicate any safety, performance or operational concerns to the applicable management personnel and work together to rectify in a timely manner.
· Perform other duties and assignments as requested by the Director, Maintenance.
· Possession of Transport Canada AME License (E rating) required
· Proven technical aptitude with a minimum 2 years experience (Q400 or equivalent type of aircraft) required.
· Broad range of experience including electrical, navigation, and flight controls is required.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as well as, climb, kneel, and crawl frequently in tight spaces
· Must be medically fit to wear all safety equipment including (but not limited to) respirator apparatus
· Must be able to obtain an Airport Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada
· Must hold a Radio License Industry Canada (Aeronautical) Certificate within six (6) months from accepting the position (as required by duties)
· Flexibility to work shift work and overtime.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background check
· Preference will be given to candidates who are Q400 endorsed
· Must be available to travel for occasional AOG recovery operations.
· An ability to meet all conditions of employment:
o Restricted Area Pass issued by Transport Canada
o Ability to obtain an AVOP
o Post offer employment test to test physical ability and fit for position
o A criminal background check
o As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test
Desired personal skills:
* A positive and passionate personality, with the natural ability to effectively communicate with others
* Strong troubleshooting and time management skills
* The ability to make safe / sound decisions, while following documented polices / procedures
* A mature approach to work by taking ownership and responsibility if stressful situations should arise
* The ability to recognize one’s mistakes and learn from them
* A commitment to teamwork and working in a safety oriented atmosphere
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.