about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10589
Location: US - New York - Woodstock
Functional Area: Engineering
Division: AHV - Thermal Management
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Technical Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
The EMI Technician will assist engineers in development and performance of EMI related testing and design. This position will build or set up equipment, conduct EMI experiments, collect data, calculate results and report findings to internal and external customers ensuring that. Rotron Products meet required EMI and Power Quality specifications.
• Maintain a safe work environment and operation
• Support Engineers with interpreting EMI test specifications, establishing procedures, testing products and reporting results.
• Make recommendations for EMI lab facility and equipment updates and improvements.
• Review and assist in writing QTP’s, ATP’s and associated reports.
• Assist in developing design approaches for product being developed and make recommendations for improvements in cost, performance, etc.
• Maintain accurate lab activity records, submit reports as required, and maintain professional lab environment, equipment and parts inventory.
• Travel to customer and laboratory sites to install, test, record and repair products as required.
• Fabricate test fixtures and associated electronic assemblies.
• Continuously look for ways to improve existing test methods and lab processes, as well as devise new test methods and develop written procedures where needed.
• Work with EMC (Electro-Magnetic Compliance) and design engineers on troubleshooting efforts that arise.
• Make recommendations with respect to equipment needs and for changes in test procedures for increased accuracy and/or efficiency.
• Communicate test results with written results, including graphs and charts where necessary.
• High school diploma required; associates degree or equivalent preferred. Five to ten years and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiar with MS Office, Labview and Tile software
• Candidate must be willing to take courses to keep up with advancing technologies.
• Experience using both DC and AC motors and power sources.
• Ability to read, interpret, and modify electrical prints, mechanical drawings, schematics and document all self-created changes.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Strong knowledge of basic electronics, experience with electronic measurement and reporting.
• Experience with soldering of electronic components including SMD parts.
• Ability to work independently
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.