7 months ago
KBRwyle requires an Emerging TechnologiesEngineer/Surveyor to support development of Air Force Research Laboratory(AFRL) Strategic Planning Development and Experimentation (SPDE) OpportunityCapture Initiative. This candidate will scan a wide range of non-DoDrelated technology areas to find concepts for cross-over potential. Thisscanning will include traveling to companies, universities and other locationsto get in-depth, first hand exposure to these technology areas and Conductinformation workshops that bring non-military technology experts together todiscuss global innovation trends. This candidate will work with a small,expert team of technology scanners, program managers, and DoD/USAF R&Dportfolio managers to execute the Awareness-Hunch-Ideation-Concept developmentmodel to provide project proposals to the SPDE office for execution.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct literature reviews of targeted areas of the global innovation space
• Build and maintain professional networks with Industry, Academia, and othernon-DoD technology experts
• Conduct information workshops that bring non-military technology expertstogether to discuss global innovation trends.
• Identify US Air Force gaps and military needs that hold promise forresolution by technologies and concepts identified in global innovation spacescanning activities.
• Conduct workshops and other engagement activities with warfighting andtechnology experts to develop and refine proposals for conceptdevelopment.
• Analyze results of engagement activities and prepare proposals and charteringdocuments to conduct multi-year experimentation projects.
Education: A Bachelor of Science degree is required with at least five (5) years oftechnical experience in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, or Medicalareas. The position will allow various combinations of education and experienceusing a 1 year of education for 1 year of experience substitution
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: This position will be a key member of ahigh-impact, fast-paced, high visibility team.
Key skills required:
• Conflict resolution
• Problem Solving
• Critical and Creative Thinking
• Clear and well organized communication skills
Other required skills include:
• Interviewing skills: talk with individuals and groups about their needs andask the right questions to surface essential requirements information;
• Listening skills: understand what people say and to detect what they might behesitant to say;
• Analytical skills: critically evaluate the information gathered from multiplesources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details,abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding,distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, anddistinguish solution ideas from requirements;
• Facilitation skills: lead diverse technical experts in Ideation and Conceptdevelopment workshops;
• Observational skills: validate data obtained via other techniques and exposenew areas for elicitation;
• Writing skills: communicate information effectively to customers,marketing, managers, and technical staff;
• Organizational skills: work with the vast array of information gatheredduring elicitation and analysis and to cope with rapidly changing information;
• Interpersonal skills: help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflictsamong project stakeholders (such as customers, product management, andengineering);
• Research skills: use of research services and performing analysis on data andinformation collected; Complex problem-solving methods to include functionalanalysis, and facilitation of divergent and convergent thinkingexercises;
• Familiar with contact management and knowledge management systems to capturescanning information and insights for later retrieval
The following are desired:
• Exposure or experience in cutting edge Industry or Academia in the fields ofInformation Technology (including Artificial Intelligence, Big Data), Robotics,Bio/Med, Energy, or other critical emerging technology sector
• Experience at a National Laboratory or DoD Lab
• Exposure to Defense requirements generation or operations
• Project management skills: schedule and manage human and financialresources;
• Familiar with initial military concept of operations (CONOPs) development;
• Understanding of experimentation methods to refine and validate CONOPs andassociated technological systems;
• Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
• Eligibility for access to Special Access Program (SAP) information
• Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
Applicant selected may be subject to agovernment security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements foraccess to classified information.