4 months ago
SUMMARY: The city of Los Angeles has mandated that all Certified Services Providers provide sixteen (16) hours of Emergency Response training to all employees. This position will oversee the administration of the LAWA-mandated Emergency Preparedness and
Response Training program. This training will ensure that ATS employees can appropriately respond to and assist during an airport emergency by developing and conducting Emergency Response Training programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Serve as point of contact for LAWA as coordinator of Emergency Response Training (ERT) Program and must be available to answer LAWA requests on curriculum, trainers, and any training records or metrics.
• Develops recommendations for revisions and enhancements to the ERT program.
• Ensures training is performed consistently and is conducive to learning.
• Ensures station compliance with established company safety policies and procedures.
• Performs statistical reporting and trend analysis at station level.
• Conduct internal ATS Trainings.
• Performs ad hoc station training as needed.
• This position will report to the station General Manager.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Demonstrated experience in providing experiential emergency preparedness training (including personal and workplace preparedness, etc.)
• Must possess valid and current First Aid/AED and CPR Certification
• Demonstrated experience in providing adult workplace educational instruction (includes cultural competence and fluency in language(s) of relevant employees, experience in training and utilizing peer-trainers)
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and Motor Vehicle Report/ MVR.
• Must possess at least a High School Diploma / GED equivalent.
• Must pass a drug test/ background check and be able to obtain airport security clearance.
• Must be able to stand, lift, bend, push and pull for extended periods of time.
• Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather and elevated noise levels within the airport environment.
• At least two years of nonsupervisory work experience as a service employee at a major US international airport.
• Previous experience in emergency response settings (law enforcement, firefighting, EMS, military, etc.) is strongly preferred.
• Previous supervisor experience or related work experience with training programs preferred.
• Valid passport is preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as demonstrated in training presentations, written manuals and accident investigations.
• Possess math aptitude and analytical skills and the ability to analyze trends in accidents and injuries.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Proficient in use of personal computers and software applications is preferred.
LOCATION/SPECIFIC WORKING HOURS:
• Los Angeles World Airport
• Specific shifts to be determined
• Must be able to work extended hours on short notice during non-routine operations
• Some travel may be required
• Must be flexible to work various shifts, weekends, or irregular shifts
ATS employees should apply through Ultipro - M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer