8 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Architect, design, develop, document and verify software for complex electro-optical surveillance systems.
* Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer Support teams to solve software issues.
* Participate in the estimation and planning of new products and features.
* Participate as a software team member within an Agile development process.
* Represent Software Engineering in company product development reviews.
* Participate in continuous department improvement processes.
* Review the software contributions of other team members.
* Mentor and guide junior staff.
* Strong technical and analytic skills.
* Strong knowledge of embedded C and C++ software architecture for real-time systems.
* Demonstrated ability to architect complex software systems.
* Demonstrated ability to research, design and implement complex algorithms.
* Good working knowledge of Matlab.
* Demonstrated knowledge of modern software design practices like Object Oriented design and Patterns.
* Ability to understand the operation, design and control of complex electro-mechanical systems.
* Proven track record for creating innovative solutions to difficult problems on budget and on time.
* Strong knowledge of modern source code management.
* Proven track record for developing software within an Agile software process.
* Good understanding of the ISO 12207 software development standard.
* Strong knowledge of embedded communications standards such as I2C, SPI, CAN, Serial, Ethernet.
* Strong knowledge of Avionic communication standards such as 1553, Arinc-429.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to learn and grow within a fast paced environment.
* Ability to work weekend shift (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday)
Experience & Education Requirements
* 5-10 years of experience designing software for embedded microprocessors using C/C++.
* Experience developing for embedded ARM processors.
* Experience targeting real time operating systems such as vxWorks or Threadx.
* Experience targeting embedded Linux.
* Familiarity with GPU processor coding an asset.
* Familiarity with FPGA/RTL/SoC design experience and methodology and asset.
* Familiarity with both Windows and Linux as host operating systems.
* Familiarity with electro-mechanical and optical sensors or lasers is an asset.
* Undergraduate Engineering Degree, community college technical diploma or equivalent experience.
* Professional Engineering designation is an asset
* * L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Division L-3 Wescam