5 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Architect, design, develop, document and verify software for complex electro-optical surveillance systems.
* Provide support to Engineering, Manufacturing and Customer Support teams to solve software issues.
* Participate in the estimation and planning of new products and features.
* Participate as a software team member within an Agile development process.
* Represent Software Engineering in company product development reviews.
* Participate in continuous department improvement processes.
* Review the software contributions of other team members.
* Mentor and guide junior staff.
* Strong technical and analytic skills.
* Strong knowledge of embedded C and C++ software architecture for real-time systems.
* Demonstrated ability to architect complex software systems.
* Demonstrated ability to research, design and implement complex algorithms.
* Good working knowledge of Matlab.
* Demonstrated knowledge of modern software design practices like Object Oriented design and Patterns.
* Ability to understand the operation, design and control of complex electro-mechanical systems.
* Proven track record for creating innovative solutions to difficult problems on budget and on time.
* Strong knowledge of modern source code management.
* Proven track record for developing software within an Agile software process.
* Good understanding of the ISO 12207 software development standard.
* Strong knowledge of embedded communications standards such as I2C, SPI, CAN, Serial, Ethernet.
* Strong knowledge of Avionic communication standards such as 1553, Arinc-429.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to learn and grow within a fast paced environment.
Experience & Education Requirements
* 5-10 years of experience designing software for embedded microprocessors using C/C++.
* Experience developing for embedded ARM processors.
* Experience targeting real time operating systems such as vxWorks or Threadx.
* Experience targeting embedded Linux.
* Familiarity with GPU processor coding an asset.
* Familiarity with FPGA/RTL/SoC design experience and methodology and asset.
* Familiarity with both Windows and Linux as host operating systems.
* Familiarity with electro-mechanical and optical sensors or lasers is an asset.
* Undergraduate Engineering Degree, community college technical diploma or equivalent experience.
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Day - 1st
: Division L-3 Wescam