3 months ago
UTC Aerospace Systems (UTAS, formerly Cloud Cap Technology) – is a staple in the Hood River, OR community. Our mid-sized, friendly company benefits from the power and energy of a Fortune 500 company.
As such, all employees get 15 days of annual paid vacation in addition to holidays and sick time. An employee paid scholarship program is also available, paying 100% of educational expenses after a year of employment.
UTAS designs and develops cutting edge gimbaled vision systems and industry-leading UAV autopilots, utilizing latest Electro-Optic (EO) and IR sensor technologies. Proprietary motion control and stabilization methods are used in conjunction with video DSP, tracking and object recognition to achieve state-of-the-art performance. Our engineers have the opportunity to work in a collaborative team environment with many creative and talented staff who are leaders in their field. You will be developing solutions for multiple product lines while working as a member of a tightly integrated cross-functional product team.
The Embedded Controls Engineer will be primarily responsible for implementing line of sight (LOS) control systems for multi-axis stabilized imaging platforms. The role requires close, cross-functional collaboration with electrical, mechanical and software engineers to achieve state of the art inertial stabilization, optical target tracking, and meet target geolocation performance requirements. Responsibilities include developing system models and performing simulations, completing sensitivity analyses and defining error budgets, developing and optimizing control algorithms, realizing designs in hardware, and deriving electrical, mechanical, and software requirements to achieve performance goals.
Qualification: Required Experience / Qualifications:
* Development of dynamic system models and simulations
* Classical, multivariable, and optimal control design
* MATLAB, Simulink, and/or other control system design tools
* Embedded motion control systems
* Demonstrated development of requirements specifications, technical specifications, and test procedures
* Visible and IR cameras, GPS, IMU / INS
* Inertial sensors, acquisition electronics, actuators & servo drives, microcontrollers, etc.
* Circuit design, including analysis, simulation, schematics capture and PCB layout
* C programming language skills
* SolidWorks solid modeling
* Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present information to various audiences
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet committed deadlines
* Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization and unit testing
* Knowledge of Product Life Cycle (PLC) and Engineering Change Order (ECO) processes
* US Citizenship Required
All of our positions offer an exciting opportunity to grow technically and broaden capabilities while proudly contributing to unique state of the art solutions that truly make a difference.
Education: BS degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Physics; w/7+ years of experience, MS w/ 5+ years of experience or PhD w/ 2+ years of experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.