7 months ago
Requisition ID: 7573
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Electronics Technician - GS Engineering to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Applies principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing and physics
* Under limited supervision, performs a variety of highly technical, moderately complex tasks which require a substantial understanding of all technical objectives.
* Perform as member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills, including leadership role. Actively participates in team decision making.
* Establishes new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in all work processes.
* Utilizes normal and complex test or diagnostic equipment. Uses software tools for data analysis and reporting.
* Understands technical resources available to assist in performance of duties. May provide support/instruction to less experienced technical personnel.
* Conducts engineering tests and detailed experimental testing to collect and analyze design data or otherwise assist in general research and development work.
* Works from limited documentation, schematics, diagrams, notes, prints and layouts.
* May participate in hiring process.
* Applies electronic theory to configure, model, layout, build, test, troubleshoot, determine solutions and modify electronic product for engineering efforts applicable to the department or program charter.
* Associates degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of an associate's degree three years of related experience
* Must possess or be eligible for obtaining a U.S. DoD Secret Clearance. U.S. Citizenship is required. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/re-instatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.