10 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Having a fundamental understanding of AC and DC circuits, digital electronics and microprocessors is required. The Technician must follow FAA regulations and other requirements during the maintenance of units. This position focuses on trouble shooting, repairing, modifying or overhauling electronics and electro-mechanical components and assemblies. The Technician will provide technical and programming support to all products manufactured and distributed by Astronics.
* Performs troubleshooting and maintenance under FAA Part 145 and Repair Station Manual requirements
* Performs maintenance according to schematic diagrams, technical drawings, datasheets, component maintenance manuals and written work instructions
* Installs components, units and printed circuit boards following specifications
* Uses electronic, hand, power, and pneumatic tools
* Customizes units and makes adjustments or repairs according to written specifications
* Performs final acceptance testing on assemblies prior to shipment
* Maintains all work related equipment, passive load, test fixtures, etc.
* Maintains and writes work procedures and all related documentation for each task performed
* Works with management to set work schedule based on approximate delivery datesReports product problems to supervisor
* Maintains a clean and safe working environment
* Work as a team with others in the repair station, as well as other individuals in the company.Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
* Three years minimum experience in electronic and mechanical assembly, with strong knowledge of best practices in the electronic assembly environment
* Experience with analog and digital troubleshooting
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; adept at managing conflict to resolution
* Have solid computer & typing skills and be able to use Microsoft Windows and the Internet
* Must be able to speak, read and understand English
* Ability to read and understand schematic diagrams, technical drawings, datasheets, component maintenance manuals and written work instructions
* Ability to support customer and regulatory authority on site audits and visits
* Ability to pass any required background checks along with required initial and random ongoing drug and alcohol screening
* Strong soldering skills in both thru-hole and surface mount components
* Thorough understanding of and familiarity with IPC-A-610, IPC-7711/7721 and J-STD-001 standards and certification preferred
Astronics CSC Waukegan
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.