6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both civil and military markets. Safran Electronics & Defense is the No. 1 company in Europe and No. 3 worldwide for inertial navigation systems used in air, land and naval applications. It is also No. 1 worldwide in helicopter flight controls and the European leader in optronics and tactical UAV systems. Operating worldwide, Safran Electronics & Defense employs 7,600 people in Europe, Asia Pacific, North America and South America.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Manufacturing Engineering / Assembly / Repair
Regular Full time
Part time / Full time
Summary of Job Purpose:
Performs electronics assembly testing and assist Electrical Engineer in troubleshooting of circuit assemblies
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project instructions, test documents, and engineering prints to determine test objectives, test equipment and test set-ups required to perform assigned tasks.
- Test and troubleshoot electronics to the component level accurately. Assemble, troubleshoot and maintain electrical and mechanical test set-ups utilizing assorted testing equipment.
- Keep a log while testing and taking photos and be able to troubleshoot circuit boards down to the component level. Extensive knowledge of Lab techniques, methods, procedures, circuitry or mechanical characteristics, and ability to devise, adapt and analyze.
- Prepares sketches of test fixtures and circuit diagrams of instrumentation for drafting of official drawings and documentation illustrations.
- Analyzes test results and makes suggestions for improvement.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all involved employees and groups, excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to understand oral and written instructions and maintain applicable records.
- Supports and demonstrates compliance with all company policies and safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
External Candidates Basic Qualifications:
- High School or equivalent
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in test equipment development and aerospace testing or relevant testing experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
- No relocation is provided for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius will be considered.
Internal Candidate Basic Qualifications
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Assign and stamp identification data such as part and serial numbers to components and/or
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Candidate skills & requirements
Skills and Abilities:
- Technical Degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Drafting
- Must have experience in test equipment development and aerospace testing.
- Knowledge of EMI testing would be a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Should be knowledgeable in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Must be able to logically solve problems, organize materials and keep projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion within a team environment.
- Highly motivated individual with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 10 lbs
- Must be able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
- Must be able to stand for up to 2 hours at a time
North America, United States, California
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Minimum education level achieved
High School diploma, A Level
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years