4 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Electronics Inspector (Ballard)
Astronics Ballard Technology (Ballard), located in Everett, WA, is a leader in the design, manufacturing and support of avionics databus interface solutions for commercial and defense applications. Ballard's proven experience in providing products for test and simulation applications has provided a strong foundation for its robust and growing line of rugged embedded interface products. Ballard's proprietary Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) databus solutions are key to the operations and support of a wide range of military and commercial aircraft, including leading fixed wing, rotary wing, and unmanned systems. Ballard's high standards and consistency in engineering and production, driven by an AS9100 quality management system, have resulted in a long-standing reputation for superior reliability, quality, and service with strong customer relationships.
With a culture that reflects creative problem solving, helpfulness, and balance, Ballard has maintained a long history of profitability and growth, now employing over 65 valued employees.
The Inspector's primary responsibility is inspection of printed circuit boards, printed circuit board assemblies, in-process inspection of mechanical/electrical assemblies, mechanical inspection of sheet metal and machined products and cables, and inspection of component kits. The Inspector also plays a secondary role as an electronics and mechanical assembler.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Incoming / in-process printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) inspection
* Incoming printed circuit board (PCB) inspection
* Soldering (leaded and lead-free) of small electronic components
* Mechanical assembly
* Incoming mechanical inspection
* In-process assembly inspection
* Kitting & kit auditing
* Performs other duties as assigned by manager
Desired Skills and Characteristics:
* IPC 600 & IPC 610 experience with significant experience working with electronics inspection and soldering
* Experience working under a formal quality system (AS9100)
* High attention to detail
* Able to work from formal documentation and/or verbal instructions
* Able to work using a microscope for long periods of time
* Commitment to excellence and high standards
* Steady and controlled hands to facilitate rework on PCBs and PCBAs.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Ability to manage priorities and workflow
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
* Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels
* Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
* Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
* Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Ability to handle small parts/components without dropping them
High school diploma or equivalent and three (3) years of related PCB/PCBA electronics assembly and/or PCB/PCBA electronics inspection experience.
Position requires access to controlled technology and information. To abide by Export Compliance Regulations, candidates must have either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Alien Status. Must pass a criminal background check prior to starting work.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Astronics Ballard Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era:
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact us at BT.Jobs@astronics.com and we'll be happy to assist you.
Astronics Ballard Technology
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.