Electronic Warfare Officer
Monday - Friday
Specialist Aircrew - Electronic Warfare Operator
My client provides customers with integrated services for airborne special mission operations. Its capabilities include aerial surveillance, operational readiness training, aircraft modification and integration, search and rescue, and environment surveillance and response.
It uses highly customised aircraft with specialist crews to provide operational readiness training for the UK Ministry of Defence. Specialist capabilities include the provision of electronic warfare training primarily for RAF fighters and Royal Navy ships, towed targets for surface-to-air and air-to-air gunnery, and the provision of full motion surveillance imagery for training ground specialists in the British Army and Royal Air Force. All these capabilities are also used to support exercises abroad for the UK Ministry of Defence and for operational readiness training for NATO and other UK Allies and other customers.
Following dedicated training, you will be responsible for managing missions and understanding all role equipment, techniques and mission profiles to ensure delivery of tactical excellence as part of an operating crew.
As an Electronic Warfare Operator, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in safely achieving the daily flying programme by planning, briefing, operating and debriefing each mission flown directly with the customer communities, and ensure that learning points are identified and communicated to the customer community.
- Covering weekly and daily mission planning duties as directed by the respective Senior Base EWO.
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in customer liaison between RN/RAF/Army users by providing specialist advice on Electronic Warfare and, when qualified, Target Towing (TT) and Full Motion Video (FMV).
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in the organisation and/or implementation of visits or presentations for customers and other agencies.
- Assisting the Senior Base EWO in mutually agreed specialist tasks such as manager responsible for internal training provision, management of specialist ground equipment, sortie planning assets or security custodian.
- Supporting the Senior Base EWO in ensuring that company and national safety and security procedures are followed at all times.
- Operating in accordance with Air Legislation and relevant company Operations Manuals.
- Utilising Company procedures to report non-compliance, safety and security matters in a timely fashion.
As an Electronic Warfare Operator, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience as UK military front line aircrew, preferably from Tornado F3 or GR4, or as an Airborne Early Warning/Airborne Warning and Control System Mission Commander or Fighter Weapons Controller, with demonstrable experience of leading complex missions and/or composite air operations including Air Force and Navy controllers. Ground based MC/FA and FC would also be of high interest.
- Good situational awareness and the capability to build mental 3D air picture. Current understanding and ability to use, NATO and UK standard Air-to-Air communication and codewords.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practical experience of EW.
- A reasonable understanding of: Air Defence systems, ship, aircraft and ground radars, their modes of operation, tactics and Electronic Defence features.
- A working understanding of current EW techniques and equipment.
- Techniques and tactics for creating a representative Electronic Attack environment.
- Ex-military (essential) with a 'post-graduate' qualification such as QWI, EWI, HWI or Aerosystems (desirable).
- Close Air Support experience (desirable).
- Other military aircrew experience will be considered, especially if this includes recent experience in either the tactical employment of Electronic Warfare, or specialist EW duties in support of the RAF or RN.
What we will be looking for in you:
You should be a confident, motivated, team-orientated and customer focused individual and already be accomplished and experienced in EW operations to be credible to the military customer base.
Our client is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defence systems in the air, on land and at sea.