11 months ago
Job Code :
Sarasota FL US 34243
Job Type :
Career Level :
Manufacturing and Production
16.00 USD Per Hour
Job Description :
Conducts a variety of electronic, mechanical and electromechanical tests on electronic systems, subassemblies, and parts to ensure unit functions according to specifications or to determine cause of unit failure by performing the following duties:
* Read test schedule, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, wiring diagrams and schematics to determine testing procedure and equipment to be used.
* Test functional performance of systems, subassemblies and parts under specified environmental conditions such as temperature change, vibration, pressure and humidity.
* Calibrates test instruments according to specifications.
* Reads dials or digital displays that indicate electronic characteristics such as voltage, frequency, distortion, inductance and capacitance.
* Analyzes test results on defective units to determine cause of failure.
* Confers with engineers, technicians, production team and others regarding testing procedures and results, to resolve problems.
* Devises test equipment setup to evaluate performance and operation of nonstandard or customer returned units.
* Provides handwritten documentation on testing performed.
Job Requirements :
* Associates degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, test procedures, equipment manuals, maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
* Read/Write Fluently in English
* Must be well-organized, flexible and able to work in a fast paced, manufacturing environment.
* Must be willing and able to document test results by hand.
* Ability to make all calculations necessary to develop, deploy and evaluate test processes and product performance to test specifications.
* MS Office Suite including; Outlook, Excel, Access, and MSWord.
* Sustained dependable attendance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk.
* Regularly required to walk up and down stairs.
* Regularly required to talk or hear.
* Regular use of hands to finger, handle, or feel.
* Regular use of arms to reach.
* Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
* Noise level is usually moderate, but louder noise levels are to be expected depending on the work being done.
Schedule is Monday - Thursday, 6:00am - 4:30pm
Hourly rate range is $15.50 - $16.00 to start. Entry level candidates are encouraged to apply. Quarterly performance bonuses are available.
Radiant Power Corp. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and will consider all job applications without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, Veteran status, Disability, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state or local law.