12 months ago
Job ID #: 10287
Location: US - New York - Binghamton
Functional Area: Operations
Division: AHV - Measurement & Power Systems
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - New York - Binghamton
Education Required: Associates Degree
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work: 40
Join our amazing team with great pay, benefits and company culture!
Summary: Troubleshoot and repair products with a focus on Electronic and/or Electro-Mechanical.
• Perform a variety of complex technical functions related to the assembly, test and troubleshoot of electronic and/or electro-mechanical instruments.
• Perform troubleshooting, often to the component level, utilizing assembly prints, mechanical part drawings, schematics, and electronic equipment such as DMM’s, oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies, frequency counters, pressure indicators, etc.
• Effectively perform, document and communicate the results of the failure analysis.
• Depending on focus area, must understand electronic component functionality and interpret and follow electrical schematics or may need the ability to interpret mechanical assembly prints.
• Familiar with ESS testing concepts.
• Proficient in the use of mechanical assembly tools, such as torque drivers, calipers, as well as various electronic devices, such as power supplies and meters.
• Assist in the development of production documentation such as work instructions and troubleshoot aids.
• Perform minor repair and maintenance of production and/or test equipment.
• Provide training to production operators and technicians.
• Commitment to customer and business focus in areas such as quality of work, attendance and productivity. Overtime may be required.
• Learn job duties within assigned area; Repair product and contribute toward production goals.
• Associates degree required, preferable in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology. Commensurate hands on technician experience will also be considered.
• Two (2) Years prior experience in Production and/or Manufacturing. Experience in the manufacturing/testing/troubleshooting/repair of analog and digital circuits in Aircraft Instruments or other Electronics is desired.
US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien (Green Card) required due to defense contract requirements.
• Experienced and comfortable utilizing a computer to look up information, input information to track job status including inputting notes to clearly and effectively document findings of the troubleshooting and repair process. Knowledge and use of Oracle is a plus.
• Effective communication and collaboration skills and abilities to effectively work with others.
• Motivated individual, fast learner, and capable of working independently.
• Must have aptitude to learn soldering and become solder certified.
• Develops and encourages original, creative and successful approaches to issues; continually improves processes; takes smart risks.
• Must have knowledge of assembly drawings and blueprint reading.
• Must be able to perform soldering and mechanical assembly of a complex and critical nature that may require an extensive knowledge of techniques, tools, materials, military standards and ISO 9000.
Must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Light physical effort equal to frequent lifting or moving of lightweight materials, exerting up to 30 pounds of force lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
• Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach.
• Regular use of hands/fingers for handling, holding, grasping, turning, picking and pinching to hold product and also during use of various hand tools (screwdriver, pliers, crimpers, tweezers, other). At time, must use fine dexterity when working with small, delicate parts.
• Regular use of vision to see objects at close range (20 inches or less) with occasional depth perception to objects where and as they actually are and adjustment of lens of eye to see object in sharp focus at varying close distances. Color vision occasionally required.
• Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of speaking, hearing or via other effective means of communication.
• Employees will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
11 months ago
only 15 days until close
10 months ago
only 3 days until close
7 months ago
only 3 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close