3 months ago
* 07-Nov-2018 to 06-Dec-2018 (CST)
* TSGI - JAX
* Jacksonville, FL, USA
* Full Time
Electronic Components Technicians apply electrical and electronic theory and related knowledge, usually under the direction of engineering staff, to design, build, repair, calibrate, and modify electrical components, circuitry, controls, and machinery for subsequent evaluation and use by engineering staff in making engineering design decisions.
* Perform overhaul, installation, maintenance, modification and repair of complex electronic equipment and complete operational systems, such as, but not limited to: automatic flight control systems, airborne approach systems, target detection systems, LASER equipped infra-red systems, electronic countermeasures systems, digital and analog computers, mono-pulse and Doppler RADAR systems, antennas and antenna bore-sight ranges, airborne communication systems, air data computers and other equivalent components and systems;
* Have knowledge of electronic theory and its application to a wide variety of complex circuitry such as pulse forming networks, time delay lines, klystron operation, microwave techniques, infra-red and LASER operations; and
* Interpret drawings, specifications and schematics of complete systems in order to follow signal paths through a complex path of components, assemblies and subassemblies.
* Other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* FAA license not required but a plus
* Prefer experience from military fixed wing and rotor community ( ie; F/A-18, P-3, T-44,H-60) or civilian/commercial aviation community.
* Minimum (4) years intermediate and/or Depot level experience or equivalent MRO.
* Must be able to work in tight and enclosed spaces
* Prefer Military installation DEPOT level maintenance experience
* Must be able to read and interpret maintenance instruction manuals, blue prints, electrical schematics, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
* We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
* Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day.
* Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands.
* Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
* Must be able to work in small and confined spaces.
* May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to see aircraft in flight, read dials/gauges, identify small objects and hand tools.
* Must be able to see imperfections, micrometer readings and other small scales.
* Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear.
* Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
* May be required to operate power vehicles, machinery, hand tools, ground support equipment, fork lift, APU, etc.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER / VEVRAA /ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.