12 months ago
Job ID #: 10212
Location: US - New York - Binghamton
Functional Area: Operations
Division: AHV - Measurement & Power Systems
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - New York - Binghamton
Education Required: High School Diploma
Relocation Provided: No
Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work: 6:30AM - 3:00PM
Electronic Assembler will perform upper level hand assembly and have experience doing through-hole, surface mount and jumper wire soldering as well as IPC-610 Inspection/touch-up.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work will include but not limited to: assembly, soldering, inspection, packaging, process improvements and training as well as other related activities.
• Ability to perform SMT and/or PTH soldering of Printed Circuit Boards. Experienced in SMT and PTH rework and touch-up of PCB. Need skills in component bond, component assembly and hardware assembly.
• Ability to operate machinery utilized in the PCB area such as the Wave solderer, CS-400, pinning machine and solder fountain.
• Ability to perform duties of the conformal coat processes.
• Ability to perform duties in module cleaning, potting and testing.
• Ability to learn the use of bench top equipment, test equipment, hands tools and computers.
• Ability to assemble small mechanical products – springs, gears, mechanical subassemblies.
• Ability to assembly and test electro and electro-mechanical products.
• Participate in meetings to determine work priorities.
• Commitment to customer and business focus in areas such as quality of work, attendance and productivity. Overtime may be required.
• Adherence to company policies such as safety, respect for others, integrity and workplace rules.
• Willingness to attend additional training, either OJT or off-site training recommended by the management staff to further personal development.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Two (2) Years prior experience in Production and/or Manufacturing. Experience in the Manufacturing of Aircraft Instruments or Electronics desired.
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien (Green Card) required due to defense contract requirements.
• IPC-610 certification preferred
• Effective interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills and abilities to facilitate effective teamwork with others
• Develops and encourages original, creative and successful approaches to issues; continually improves processes; takes smart risks.
• Motivated individual, fast learner, and capable of working independently
• Must have aptitude and the physical abilities to learn to work on very small mechanical assemblies. Assembly and inspection under a microscope is required.
• Soldering skills are desired and ability to become solder certified is required.
• Must have knowledge of prototype, assembly drawings and blueprint reading.
• Must be able to support assemblies of a complex and critical nature that may require an extensive knowledge of techniques, tools, materials, military standards and ISO 9000.
Must be performed with or without reasonable accommodation:
• Primarily sedentary to moderate work, exerting up to 10 – 30 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Regularly required to sit or stand, walk, bend and reach.
• Continuous use of hands/fingers for handling, holding, grasping, turning, picking and pinching to hold product and also during use of various hand tools (screwdriver, pliers, crimpers, tweezers, other).
• Regular use of vision to see objects at close range (20 inches or less) with occasional depth perception to objects where and as they actually are and adjustment of lens of eye to see object in sharp focus at varying close distances. Color vision may be required for some positions. Microscope work is required.
• Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of speaking, hearing or via other effective means of communication.
• Employees may be subject to random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
• The use of Safety Glasses is required.
• Other PPV such as earplugs, gloves, masks, etc are available, if necessary or desired for certain job functions.
• Work performed in a shop environment.
• Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable.
• May work at different work stations as production needs require, or shift from one station to another during the assembly process.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
11 months ago
only 19 days until close
8 months ago
only 22 days until close
9 days ago
only 19 days until close
only 26 days until close