5 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM...
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Assemble, test, adjust and troubleshoot Optical, Electronic and Electrical/Mechanical assemblies
* Repair or rework existing assemblies
* Work with Engineering on development of new product/procedures
* Maintain test data, complete NCRs (Non-Conformance reports), analyze and advise on corrective actions
* Assist in investigating, developing and implementing new test instructions
* Weekend Shift, Friday, Saturday, Sunday - 7AM to 7PM
* Experience in the field of assembly and troubleshooting Optical, Electronic and Mechanical devices
* Thorough understanding of techniques in the use of hand tools, soldering, crimping and optical bench practices
* Ability to use a variety of electronics and optical measuring devices
* Thorough understanding of video and light transmission (Photonics)
Experience & Education Requirements
* 1 - 5 years previous related work experience in the Electro-Optical field/ Electronics field
* Electronics, Robotics or Optronics/Photonics College Diploma
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing an asset
L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
* CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Division L-3 Wescam