4 months ago
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign military in time critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting the Warfighters and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work within an integrated product team to ensure the highest level quality product is delivered to the customer.
1. Perform receiving inspection of electrical and electro-mechanical components and sub-assemblies using general purpose electrical test equipment and mechanical measuring tools.
2. Ensure that supplied material has been received in accordance with engineering specifications and purchase order requirements.
3. Interpret engineering drawings and specifications, purchase order quality codes, and bills of material in order to assure compliance.
4. Identify non-conformances and clearly record deviations from specification into the nonconformance tracking system.
5. Support Material Review Board (MRB) by communicating specification interpretations, measurement/test results, and performing additional investigation as needed.
6. Support manufacturing and engineering with inspection and data collection throughout the design and build processes.
7. Ensure that product accepted into manufacturing is in accordance with the appropriate requirements, internal company standards, and current industry standards.
Qualification: -Ability to use micrometers, calipers, gauges, scales, multi-meters, and various test equipment.
-Proficient with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing as applicable to dimensional inspection
-Familiarity with data entry into MRP systems and similar databases.
-Prior experience with similar electro-mechanical products/components.
-MS Office proficiency, SAP experience.
Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
-Must be able to interpret engineering drawings & schematics.
-Teamwork, multitasking, drive for results
-Commitment to continuous improvement
No travel required.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in quality inspection role
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.