7 months ago
Keyword: Electro/Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Halifax (Nova Scotia)
Organisational Unit: 4044-Plant Maintenance, Halifax Operations
Sector: Operations - Halifax
Posting Start Date: 2017-12-15
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Pratt & Whitney Canada is looking for an Electro/Mechanical Maintenance Technician for their Halifax facility. As an Electro/Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will perform maintenance, preventative maintenance and repair work on complex integrated machine tools and other plant equipment in a fast paced flexible manufacturing environment. The successful candidate must function well as part of a team or as an individual contributor while providing the required maintenance support to a 24/7 production schedule.repair a wide variety of mechanical equipment and machinery. Perform related and general duties. Keep equipment and work station clean and in good working condition.
Specific responsibilities of position: As an Electro/Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will:
• Be responsible for the electro mechanical troubleshooting , repair and return-to-service of sophisticated production equipment including CNC mills, lathes and grinders;
• Perform new equipment installations and existing equipment overhauls;
• Source required components to facilitate the necessary repairs;
• Use appropriate test equipment to analyze maintenance issues on production equipment;
• Troubleshoot Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) programs from various manufacturers in order to analyze and repair production equipment;
• Maintain, update and create documentation for production equipment.
• Follow all P&WC EH&S policies such as lock out /tag out procedures
Qualifications required: • Completion of a 1-year minimum post-secondary program in either an electro-mechanical, electronics or mechanical field;
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience performing electro/mechanical troubleshooting and repair in a production environment;
• Extensive knowledge and experience with electro/mechanical industrial drive systems utilizing various methods of position feedback, networking hardware, PC repair;
• Strong computer literacy, familiarity with MS Office, AutoCAD, multiple operating systems;
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and decision making skills;
• Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical drive systems and machine alignments;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment;
• Ability to read and interpret complex schematic diagrams;
• Knowledge of Environment, Health and Safety practices (i.e. lock-out, tag-out procedures).
• Ability to multi task and respond to changing priorities
Field of studies: Industrial Electronics, Mechanical Maintenance, Mechanical Manufacturing, Electronic Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, Automated Production
Additional Information: • Must be able to work rotating shifts including night shift (7PM to 7AM) to support a 24/7 operation working rotating shifts (days and nights);
• Shop environment.
You wish to work for a great company? You are recognized for you Electro/Mechanical Maintenance competencies? Then the Electro/Mechanical Maintenance Technician position that we have open is for you! Don’t hesitate and send us your résumé!
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.