8 months ago
Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
This position is responsible for performing electrical/electronic related repairs to machinery and support equipment throughout the Timken Bucyrus Bearing facility. The primary responsibilities of this position are to troubleshoot, effectively repair, analyze, interpret, and use problem-solving skills to ensure the reliability of plant assets.
1. Plans, details, establishes working procedures, specifies and orders required materials, tools and equipment.
2. Performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical principles, wiring specification codes, material properties and principles of operating systems.
3. Respond to reports of machine breakdowns and requests for general repairs in a timely fashion. Determine root cause of problems by applying technical knowledge and by working with the appropriate personnel, while also conforming to all safety and lock-out/tag-out procedures.
4. Develop repair strategies and resolve complex issues by collaborating with maintenance team members, vendor support, independent research and operators.
5. Utilize SAP system to document and perform work for maintenance as assigned by the team/group leader.
6. Read and interpret procedural manuals, blueprints, and diagrams (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electronic) to identify conclusions or approaches to problems using logic and reasoning.
7. Dismantles, inspects, repairs, adjusts or replaces faulty parts and wiring on motors, generators and control panels, circuit breakers and electronic devices. Reassembles, tests and adjusts equipment for safe and proper operation.
8. Maintain required records. Move materials in the performance of duties or as directed. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual/unsafe conditions to Supervisor or Manager.
9. Performs preventative and predictive maintenance.
10. Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety, PPE, and environmental rules and regulations as prescribed by EHS
11. Receives electrical drawings and programs, specifications and instructions covering repairs, new installations or inspection work required. Analyzes drawings, wiring diagrams and performs on-the-job evaluations to locate problems, make wiring or program revisions.
12. Designs conduit runs and cuts, threads and fits piping system. Determines necessary wire quantities and sizes pertaining to design and OSHA/NEC guidelines. Pulls wire and electronic cables in conduits, makes joint and splice connections, performs mechanical needs pertaining to supporting, hanging and installing conduit runs.
13. Fabricates and assembles control panels, pushbutton stations, junction boxes, etc. for new installations and rebuilt equipment.
14. Inspects and cleans switchgear and substations.
15. Repairing electrical controls and valves on heat treat furnaces while maintaining mandatory insurance specifications for safety. Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
16. Performs minor metal fabrication, pipefitting and welding duties other related duties as required or directed.
* High School Diploma or GED required and Associate Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
* 2-3 years hands on electrician experience in a manufacturing facility
* Working knowledge of machinery and controls such as Mills, Lathes, Heat Treat Furnaces, Grinders, and Assembly Equipment similar to those currently in use at the Timken facility.
* An in-depth knowledge of electronic and electrical equipment is required. Knowledge of Modicon, Allen Bradley, an PLC-Direct PLC’s preferred.
* Must have a working knowledge of all electronic testing equipment (DMM, oscilloscope, meggers, etc…) and be able to confirm calibrations of such equipment.
* Basic PC Skills required; SAP experience preferred.
* Strong ability to read blueprints/technical manuals, follow written procedures and perform trouble-shooting activities.
* Ability to work and communicate effectively in a teamwork environment, across multiple shifts.
* Attention to detail and a service-orientation required.
Specific Physical Requirements:
* Activities include frequent walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling.
* Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
* Repetitive movement is required, such as twisting, bending, gripping, operation of hand tools.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
* Will be exposed to wide range of temperatures, loud noises, fumes, dust, and oil.
* The heat treat area has an average environmental temperature of 70-95 degrees F, during summer months; the environment can reach temperatures of 100-105 degrees F. Humidity is typically similar to the external environment.
* There are open flames, quench oil exhaust fumes, “red hot” parts, baskets, carts & tools throughout the heat treat area posing a higher risk to contact burns/abrasions.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
* Standard factory equipment is required for this position, such as hearing protection in required areas of the facility, eye protection and EH rated safety toed shoes, and hand protection (gloves) may be required.
* Arc Flash protective equipment is required by the levels determined by Arc Flash analysis and EH&S.
* Lock out/Tagout compliance.
* Requirements for job tasks not yet identified may have additional PPE requirements as prescribed by EHS.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.