7 months ago
The St. Louis facilities group has an opening for an experienced level 3 Electrical Facilities Engineer.
The successful candidates will have the following responsibilities:
• Develops moderately complex conceptual designs, final designs, cost estimates and provides maintenance support for the electrical phases of buildings, equipment installations, utility systems (e.g. high, medium, and low voltage distribution systems) and grounds.
• Reviews electrical designs to assess compliance with customer requirements, building codes (e.g. National Electrical Code) and applicable regulations by applying knowledge of construction principles, practices, and materials.
• Integrates the activities of multiple engineering disciplines, outside consultants and government agencies. Ensures accuracy of drawing archives/libraries by reviewing contractor redlines.
• Identifies errors and documents construction changes to comply with regulatory requirements, facility standards, and record retention requirements.
• Manage and supports internal and external maintenance organizations and activities to maintain the site electrical distribution system (e.g. troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, condition based maintenance, etc.).
• Manages and supports construction projects by providing input on vendor selection; reviews contractor proposals; interfaces with government/regulatory agencies; monitors project progress and vendor/consultant performance.
• Prepares and presents project information to ensure compliance with applicable construction documents and jurisdictional requirements to meet project objectives.
• Produces or procures detailed design documents. Uses appropriate resources to produce project drawings, specifications, and permit application packages in accordance with project parameters. Coordinates designs.
• Reviews and approves documents. Translates customer requirements into design options with documents and estimates. Identifies appropriate materials, equipment, and services by applying engineering principles and methodology.
• With limited supervision, develops and updates design standards and site-specific operating procedures in order to establish common practices (e.g. electrical safety). Provides input to strategic, short-term, and long-term infrastructure planning; completes studies; analyzes current conditions and future requirements; recommends capital improvements; gathers and analyzes data; and works with both internal and external customers in order to identify and assess alternatives and impacts.
• Plans, manages, and executes projects. Leads a team of stakeholders in the acquisition and modification of assets to enable the customer to achieve the defined business objectives in accordance with company and accounting policies.
• Manages project expenditures within authorized budgets.
• Creates, maintains, and communicates project management information.
• Assists in the creation of contract scope.
• Ensures suppliers comply with all contract obligations.
• Interprets and analyzes applicable regulations, standards, codes, and ordinances with respect to project requirements.
• Offers project alternatives in order to assure compliance.
• Provides support, as required, to secure permits.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer
of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are
engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold
innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for
yourself, for our customers and for the world.
SSG BDS Business Partner
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with electrical power systems
- Experience with construction or facilities management required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with AutoCAD or similar CAD
Professional Engineering license
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Contingent Upon Program Award