10 months ago
Electrical Engineering Manager
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 54127BR Date posted 09/26/City Irvine
N2 Imaging Systems, recently acquired by UTC Aerospace Systems, is an acknowledged leader in the design and manufacture of compact, low power, visible and infrared imaging systems used for soldier vision enhancement, targeting, and surveillance during day, night or low-visibility conditions. Our vertically integrated company, including operations and engineering staff are experienced veterans in providing low-power, lightweight solutions for capturing imagery across the spectrum. Our passion for supporting the Warfighter and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver. We value people, integrity, ideas and performance.
N2 is currently seeking a highly motivated, experienced Electrical Engineering (EE) Manager to lead our team of talented EEs working in a fast-paced, hands-on, and highly-collaborative environment. The EE Manager will have the responsibility of driving successful design, implementation and testing execution of all our products’ electrical designs. These designs include extremely dense Printed Circuit Boards, Flexes, and Rigid-Flex Hybrid Board Designs.
Low power FPGA designs are also a core element of our capabilities and primary components on our Circuit Boards. The Electrical Engineering Manager will also lead the highly-skilled FPGA Design Team in the architecture development, design and validation of leading edge FPGA designs for low SWAP-C components and products, using a variety of FPGA component platforms and design tools.
This leadership position is required to be the voice of the EE team for the organization, and provide process improvement and compliance, technical guidance, mentorship, direction, and career development advice for the team. He/she must be openly-collaborate with other Functional Managers, Project Engineers, and Program Managers across multiple simultaneous programs to successfully execute the entire Product Development Life Cycle requirements of those programs.
* Leadership of all Electrical design activities throughout the entire product life cycle of multiple programs.
* Advocate for appropriate Diligent Design Processes for the team using:
* Oversight of team’s consistent and efficient usage of Design guides for the proper implementations of their designs using engineering tools, such as Altium, Cadence, Modelsim, Libero, Quartus, etc.
* Performance analysis (worst case analysis, simulation and/or breadboard tests)
* Stress analysis, including working with thermal engineer to package the CCA(s)
* Interfacing with vendors, customers and members of the technical design team to coordinate PWB layout and circuit card(s) and documentation release
* Test support, including writing test procedure and designing test fixtures. System level test support may also be necessary.
* Lead and support peer reviews, formal design reviews, and presentations to customers
* Responsible for assignment of team resources to support program needs
* Responsible for all forecasting estimations requiring EE resources to support program needs
* Contribute to proposals and technical leadership on new business opportunities
* Perform regular technical interaction with other UTAS divisions, partners and end customers
* Develop sub-system trade studies, error budgets and cost-benefit analyses as necessary to support the project
* Analyze product failure data from customers, manufacturing, and suppliers to determine necessary product improvements and/or high-reliability upgrades
* Selected individual will have full responsibility for the design through assembly and test; compliance with budget and schedule is essential
* 10+ years working as a hands-on Product Design Engineer developing low SWAP-C electronic components and circuitry, with at least 5 years leading develop teams
* Broad design experience including analog and digital circuitry; RF experience a plus
* Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills are required are required as the successful candidate will be involved in many proposals, presentations and customer reports
* Ability to adapt in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with frequent customer and stakeholder interaction
* Must be US Citizen
* Bachelor’s degree required, Electrical Engineering or physical sciences with significant focus on design of electronic systems required.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.