9 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Research, design and development - Electrical engineering
Electrical Engineering Co-op
Winter/Spring Session 2018
Internship / Student
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
We are looking for talented Electrical Engineering Co –Ops to join our team in Twinsburg, OH!
Winter/Spring Term (January –June 2018) and Spring/Summer Term. Please indicate which availability you have in your application.
Depending on the candidates' engineering specialties, job duties may include the following:
· Design and test new product concepts.
· Prepare project documentation including test plans and drawings.
· Troubleshoot electrical designs and develop solutions for these problems.
· Apply continuous improvement principles to increase efficiency and product innovation.
- Regular, predictable attendance required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical and Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Candidate skills & requirements
· Completed sophomore year working towards a BS or completed first year of an MS degree.
· Qualified engineering majors: Electrical, Computer Engineering
- Coursework in analog, digital electronics
· Previous business internship/co-op experiences.
· Coursework in analog, digital electronics
· Demonstrated leadership experience
• Passion for mechanical or aerospace engineering, manufacturing, and technology.
• Strong analytical ability to solve problems and ability to learn quickly
• Strong written & verbal communication skills to generate process instructions and reports
• Ability to follow a structured project management process including document meeting minutes, action items, and monitor progress.
• Capability and tenacity for solving unique engineering problems.
• Ability to learn quickly and a desire to keep improving skills and to teach others when possible.
• Team player with a highly pro-active and positive attitude with ability to work on own or in a team as needed.
• Hands-on skills. Demonstrated interest in building and testing.
North America, United States, Ohio
Minimum education level achieved
High School diploma, A Level
Minimum experience level required